Dependable grip on and off the pedals.
Looking and feeling more like your favorite athletic sneakers, the Scott Men's MTB AR Boa Clip Shoe forgoes the streamlined aesthetic and stiff carbon sole of racy mountain bike shoes, but gains massive amounts of grip and a bit more flexibility along the way. It's really a great option if your rides consist of technical trail sections where dismounting is necessary while you scope out your line or perhaps shoulder your bike if it's a bit too difficult for your tastes.
Boa IP-1 dials provide a fine-tuned fit and feel with the quick twist of each dial, securing the entire shoe uniformly to reduce excess slop from sapping your power output. The synthetic PU uppers and 3D nylon airmesh are incredibly tough and breathable, helping to release excess heat while withstanding the rigors of trail thrashings. It's finished with a Sticki rubber sole with SPD compatibility, allowing you to either clip into pedals or use flats on the trail.
- Sneaker-inspired trail shoes with a flexible, grippy sole
- Dual Boa IP-1 dials for a secure, micro-adjustable fit
- Sticki rubber sole grips aggressively over slick rocks and roots
- SPD-compatible sole allows you to use clip-in pedals or flats
- Synthetic PU and 3D nylon airmesh is breathable and durable
- ErgoLogic footbed provides anatomically correct support
- Item #SCO00RH
- Q & A
Very weird feel
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 45
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 180lbs
The sole on these shoes was just too stiff. It felt like wearing a clog. I like a little bit of mobility to grip and feel the pedal. I usually wear a 45 and that is what I got, the sizing was correct, but the fit was just too weird for me.