Select Style & Size
Find your range.
So you're out on the river with only a floating line at your disposal, and all the fish are feeding below the surface. Not to worry, the Scientific Anglers SONAR Leader has your back. With four different densities that sink to different depths, you can fish anywhere in the water column without breaking out an entirely different fly line.
- Put your fly anywhere in the water column with these leaders
- Different densities sink to different depths
- Works with single- or double-handed lines
- Item #SAS003I
- Overall Length
- [hover] 26lb, [intermediate] 27lb, [sink 3] 28lb, [sink 6] 29lb
- Leader Type
- Sink Rate
- [hover] 1ips, [intermediate] 1.5ips, [sink 3] 3ips, [sink 6] 6ips
- Back End Loop
- welded butt
- Recommended Use
- river fishing, stillwater fishing
What do you think about this product?
October 14, 2018
Works Surprisingly Well
I was looking to do some fall streamer fishing, but I didn't want to drop the cash on a whole new spool and line. I did some research and found this. I am relatively new to streamer fishing, but this leader did really well. I had no trouble casting it at all, and it was turning some decent sized streamers over. It seems like it works similarly to how a 10 ft sink tip would for fishing streamers. I purchased the Sink 6 version and had no trouble getting my fly down quickly on the river. I am happy enough with this that I think I could hold off on buying a new streamer reel and rod for the fall.
October 6, 2018
This is a great compromise
- I've put it through the wringer
This leader is a great compromise to a full blown sinking line. Allows for great coloring on this leader works fantastic. Great casting and layout.