Select style & size:Select options
AeroTech XL Sunglasses
Never a brand to shy away from progression, Scicon is broadening its horizons from the exceptional bike travel cases that have graced many airports around the world, and launching into a line of technical sunglasses that excel under the rigorous pressure and demands of cycling. The Scicon AeroTech XL sunglasses are built to transcend disiplines, from road to mountain, and mountain to triathlon, thanks to their premium photochromic lens, developed in conjunction with the Essilor Sun Solution industry leading experts. Like the standard AreoTech, the XL carries on with the same frame construction and protection, but with a larger lens to provide more coverage, and improve the fit on larger faces. Compared to the AeroComfort sunglasses, the AeroTech uses a one piece shield lens rather than a two piece lens.
Made entirely in Italy, Scicon lays claim to its continued reputation as a market leader from cycling's heartland, and the AeroTech sunglasses carry on that tradition using a lightweight and durable Grilamid TR90 frame that is highly resistant to breakage, chemical damage, and is completely allergy free. The frame features adjustable Flexi Fit temples that are coated in thermoplastic elastomer to ensure a secure fit on your head, as well as three different sizes of TPE double-click nose pads for a comfortable fit on your face.
What really sets the AeroTech sunglasses apart from the competition is the photochromic SCN-XT shield lens. While most cycling sunglasses use a polycarbonate lens, the SCN-XT lenses are made of NXT, which is a special polymer originally formulated for the windshields of attack helicopters. The material offers the best possible visibility in all conditions, is highly resistant to scratches and impacts, and offers 100% UV protection. As we mentioned above the lenses are photochromic, darkening their tint in bright sunlight yet going almost clear if conditions are dark or overcast. The lenses also feature a unique interchangeable fender system that allows you to attach either a sprint or regular sized fender for maximum protection in the event of a crash. The fenders are removable should you prefer a half-rim lens with an unobstructed field of view.
- Scicon broadens its breadth with exceptional technical shades
- Tuned to the demands of cycling, triathlon, and mountain biking
- XL lens accommodates those with slightly larger faces
- SCN-XT lens is stronger and lighter than polycarbonate
- Photochromic lens automatically adjusts to changing light
- Grilamid TR90 frame is light, shatterproof, and allergy-free
- Lens fenders offer increased protection in the event of a crash
- Adjustable Flexi Fit temples for a secure fit around the head
- Double-click nose pads provide a comfortable fit on the face
- Active ventilation allows continuous airflow to prevent fogging
- Item #SCIN01C