Select style & size:Select options
Schwalbe's Jumbo Jim Addix Fat Bike Tire is grippier, suppler, and longer-lived than the already impressive tire it's replacing. That means that it handles everything from sand to snow to babyheads with even more aplomb, and it owes these expanded capabilities to a new compound called Addix. It's not all new, though, and returning features like Shankeskin sidewall protection help to alleviate some of our greatest concerns with plump tires.
The star of the show is the new Addix Speedgrip compound, which replaces PaceStar as Schwalbe's do-it-all option. According to the brand's numbers, Addix Speedgrip gains a mere 6% rolling resistance, but 15% better damping, 35% more grip, and a 62% increase in longevity more than make up for that slight dip. Schwalbe credits these gains to a completely revised compound creation process and the developmental genius of its resident compound guru, Wolfgang Arenz, who is responsible for some of the most beloved rubber on two wheels. If his impressive legacy is any indication, Addix may well have us hooked for years to come.
- A fat bike tire with mounds of grip and plush cushion
- All-new Addix Speedgrip compound increases traction and lifespan
- Widely spaced knobs for traction on loose surfaces
- Reinforced sidewalls alleviate fat tires' biggest weakness
- Easy tubeless conversion gets you out of the shop and onto the trail faster
- Item #SCH002W
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This tire mounts up easily and holds pressure well in a tubeless mount. Ride feels more supple yet responsive.