Innate High Performance.
If sheer ridgelines and thin air is your thing, look no further than the Scarpa Men's Proton GTX Trail Running Shoe to provide confidence underfoot as you navigate tricky terrain. However, the Proton can also be used as a fast-and-light hiking shoe, allowing you to waffle between activities with ease.
The Proton features a mesh upper for subtle ventilation, while the synthetic overlays provide structural support and protection to safeguard you from trail-side obstacles. A durable heel cage further promotes stability, without infringing upon your natural stride, and the protective toe and heel randing bolster your defense against errant roots and rocks. More importantly, though, the Proton is equipped with a Gore-Tex membrane, which ensures breathable performance and waterproof protection, making the Proton ideal for saddle season or wet climate adventures. A low-profile EVA midsole attenuates shock and assures day-long comfort, and the high-density EVA trail plate protects you from harsh objects. And, not to mention, the Vibram Genesis outsole maintains rip and grip in loose, yet gritty hardpack and rocky, rooted trails alike.
- A lightweight, yet tenacious trail running shoe
- Breathable upper maintains ventilation
- Synthetic cage offers structural support
- Protective heel and toe constructions assures defense
- EVA midsole attenuates shock
- Trail plate safeguards foot from obstacles
- 10mm drop propels you into full launch mode
- Item #SCR004F