Phantom 6000 Mountaineering Boot
Designed for big peaks in the Andes, Canadian Rockies, and Alaskan Range, the Scarpa Phantom 6000 Men's Mountaineering Boot is an alpine workhorse. Being a few hundred grams lighter than the Phantom 8000, this boot caters to the light-and-fast alpinist, but maintains the same sturdy materials for hard-wearing reliability in demanding alpine environs. Schoeller, KEVLAR, and Cordura make up the outer fabric of this boot to repel shrapnel from rock, ice, and snow, while the waterproof OutDry membrane ensures moisture doesn't seep through. The twisting Flexseal zip delivers a waterproof closure to the outer gaiter, and the inner boot is secured by a quick-lace system that utilizes a super durable Dyneema cord for a snug and progressive fit. Primaloft Micropile insulation, aluminum, and EVA insulate against cold temps, and the stiff carbon fiber insole gets an extra bit of EVA cushioning for enhanced comfort while hiking up snow ridges. The Phantom 6000 is compatible with step-in crampons and will climb everything from steep ice to exposed sections of rock with authority.
- A winter mountaineering boot designed for 6000-meter peaks
- Bombproof gaiter made from Schoeller, KEVLAR, and Cordura
- Waterproof OutDry membrane with waterproof Flexseal closure
- Removable inner boot made from 4mm EVA felt
- Dyneema quick-lace system delivers a snug and secure fit
- Carbon-fiber insole with EVA insulation
- Vibram Zero Gravity sole withstands heavy use on rock and ice
- Toe and heel welts are compatible with step-in crampons
- Item #SCRZ26J
- Upper Material
- [face fabric] Cordura, EVA, Cork, Aerogel, [gaiter] K-Tech, S-Tech Fabric, Super Fabric with HDry
- EVA, aluminium, Primaloft Micropile
- [shell] Flexseal zipper, Lace Lock cuff, [inner boot] Fast Lock System
- Carbon Fiber, EVA
- 2D EVA-MP
- Vibram Zero Gravity, Mont, Vi-Lite
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 3oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
February 25, 2021
- I've used it several times
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 210 lbs
I bought these to replace my old plastic boots for ice climbing and mountaineering. The weight on these boots is impressive, meaning how light they are. The construction quality is second to none. The Phantom 6000s both walk and climb well leading to one happy customer.