Make the approach the easy part.
Scarpa equipped the Mescalito Shoe with everything you need to get into difficult to reach alpine destinations efficiently. The Vibram rubber sole gives sticky traction when traversing a steep rocky incline while you follow rock cairns once the trail disappears. The suede upper adds an element of durable comfort when the trail reappears and works with the rubber toe rand to resist abrasion when you end up kicking the occasional rock along the trail. Customize specific pressure points of the shoe by utilizing the lace-to-toe design and maximize performance during particularly difficult sections of the approach.
- An approach shoe for hiking into remote alpine areas
- Vibram sole provides traction over sketchy sections of rock
- Suede upper adds bombproof durability when scrambling up scree fields
- Rubber toe rand resists abrasion during alpine approaches
- Lace to toe construction creates performance fit on long hikes
- Item #SCR007A