Conduct your climb.
There are climbs that make you look like a bear battling its way up a tree, and then there are climbs that make you look like a conductor in the middle of a harmonious orchestra, smoothly transitioning from one move to the next. When it comes to big walls, you hope each pitch feels like the latter, and the Scarpa Men's Maestro Climbing Shoe is the baton of choice whether you're smearing up the first half of El Cap or edging through the last. This climbing shoe boasts a masterful balance of technical performance and long-lasting comfort. It's one of the few climbing shoes out there that uses different rubbers in the heel and toe; Vibram's XS Edge amplifies the toe's technique on vertical, crimpy climbs, while a more flexible Vibram XS Grip enhances the heel's smearing on slabby pitches. A sole this unique deserves an equally innovative upper, so Scarpa made it out of an original, three-panel design with leather where you want some stretch to conform to your foot, and microfiber where you don't want stretch. The upper also had an IPC Tension rand to retain the shoe's original, slight downturn for life. A slight downturn gives enough power for tough cruxes, and still stays comfortable when the pitch seems to never end. Scarpa also added a full-length midsole for the support necessary on long multi-pitches.
- Master of multi-pitches and big wall climbs
- Slight downturn balances precision with comfort
- Vibram XS Edge rubber at the toe grips micro-crystals
- Vibram XS Grip rubber at heel for better flexibility while smearing
- Three-panel upper with suede and microfiber for a better fit
- IPC Tension rand maintains solid support on long climbs
- Talyn midsole adds support and impact-absorption for big walls
- Item #SCR006M