Select Style & Size
Kalipe Approach Shoe
Brave scrambles and dicey approaches in the Kalipe Shoe. These kicks boast extended Vibram rubber soles that effortlessly grip dirt and rock while you head to the route of your choosing.
- Functional approach shoes that get you to your dream climbs
- Suede and mesh combine for a durable and breathable upper
- EVA midsole creates a cushioned but supportive feel
- Lace goes far out to the toe to lock in your ideal fit
- Extended rubber rand boosts durability and grip on rock
- Vibram Exagon and Megagrip rubber helps provide peace of mind
- Item #SCRZ264
- Upper Material
- 1.8mm suede, polyester mesh
- Vibram Exagon / Megagrip
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, bouldering, casual, hiking, sport climbing, trad climbing
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
September 15, 2020
- Size Bought
Good Quality. Fit is good.
September 6, 2020
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 166 lbs
These are fabulous shoes. Even though many laces, they go on easily and fit like a soft wool sock, exactly right, hugging my feet. I loved them immediately out of the box. Thank you, Scarpa, for your devotion to foot comfort and safety while outdoors. Thank you, Backcountry, for providing them to me.
December 20, 2020
Ronald, I am comparing the Kalipes to the Oboz Bozeman. These shoes would be my winter shoes for walking the dogs so they will get a lot of use. I don't have a retailer that carries the Kalipes but I did try the Crux 2 approach shoe to get an idea of how he brand fits. The Crux felt like a utility boot. There was very little support in the arches and no cushion in the toe box. How does the Kalipe fit? Is it similar in cushion and support to a trail running shoe? I need the shoe to be comfortable all day on paved surfaces.