Rain or shine.
The Scarpa Hydrogen GTX Hiking Shoe is just as comfortable hiking on wet, sloppy trails as it is on hot, sunny trails. Constructed with a Gore-Tex Surround membrane, you'll have 360 degrees of climate comfort for your feet. Not only does it keep you protected from external moistures, but Gore-Tex Surround utilizes an open construction that allows warmth and moisture to escape from blow the foot to minimize skin humidity. This means drier feet and less foot ailments such as blistering of chaffing. So whether you need it to protect your feet from moisture on the trial in snowy conditions or to keep your toes cool and blister free on hot summer days, the Hydrogen has you covered.
Sloppy trials are usually slippery trails. Luckily, the Hydrogen has a high quality Vibram sole that not only offers superior traction, but incredible durability as well. Additionally, the midsole has TPU reinforcements for lateral support and stability while also providing flexible cushion from the EVA foam and P-Flex Lite Spacer footbed. To keep your toes protected so you can conquer any trail, a rubber toe rand blocks rocks, sticks, and other debris. Even with all these features packed in, the shoe is still incredibly lightweight so you can confidently attack the longer trails knowing you're equipped for anything.
- All-conditions hiking shoe with lightweight performance
- Gore-Tex Surround provides breathable protection from weather
- Synthetic nubuck and mesh upper is breathable and tasteful
- EVA midsole with P-Flex Lite Spacer footbed provide cushioned step
- TPU reinforcements in the midsole offer stability and structure
- Vibram sole gives maximum quality traction in varying conditions
- Lace closure allows personalized fit adjustments
- Scarpa has been manufacturing mountain footwear since 1938
- Item #SCR005X
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This low hiker is very comfortable! And despite the GoreTex, my feet have not been sweating. Great traction! I have a hard time finding shoes where I can wear orthotics, and this shoe fit right out of the box. Love it! Wearing it all day has not produced any pressure points either. True to size. Also works if you have a slightly wider foot than regular.