Not same as the old boss.
Scarpa's Gea series are already best-selling bosses due to their amazing design at an affordable price for beginning backcountry skiers, and while some ski companies simply change the color of ski boots each season, Scarpa made the Women's Gea Alpine Touring Boot better than ever for the new season, so don't get fooled again. This year, the Gea is remarkably lighter, comfier, and more secure than ever before. A 100 flex and 101mm last make it a great option for skiers taking their first skin track into the backcountry, but it'll also serve lighter veterans who value comfort over precision.
Scarpa updated the Gea with an all Grilamid construction to ensure long-lasting stiffness and durability without much weight—it's not as stiff or light as carbon, but that's how Scarpa kept the price down on this boot. The tongue is still flexible Pebax to ensure that easier entry that made Scarpa's original Gea a best-seller. Other updates include a thermo-moldable Intuition liner that boot-fitters can heat up to mold to your foot's exact shape for even more comfort, and the Vibram rubber sole has a new tread specifically designed for rocky summits. The Speedlock Plus ski/walk mode isn't new for the year, but that's because it was so damn fine last year.
- Scarpa's best-selling ski boot for backcountry bounders
- 100 flex best suits lighter or beginner skiers
- 101mm last assures comfort for long days on the tour
- Speedlock Plus ski/walk mode is friction free and rock solid
- Vibram rubber helps you boot up rocky summits
- Thermo-moldable Intuition liner customizes your foot's fit
- Item #SCR005I