“Design our next T-shirt Contest”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU MUST BE 13 OR OVER IN ORDER TO ENTER THIS CONTEST.
- You can enter the Design our next T-Shirt Contest by submitting a T-shirt design at www.backcountry.com/sc/t-shirt-design-contest. Designs must be limited to no more than four colors and when submitted, must fit within an 8”x8” space. Entries must be submitted in .jpg, .png, .pdf, .ai, or .eps format, and be no larger than 10 MB. You must complete all required information on the Entry website to be eligible to enter to win a prize. Incomplete, illegible, duplicate, corrupted or untimely Entries are void and will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. All Entries become the property of Backcountry.com, Inc. (“Backcountry.com”) when submitted and will not be returned to entrant. The Contest Period begins on June 24, 2015 at 12:00 A.M. Mountain Time and ends on July 24, 2015 at 11:59 P.M. Mountain Time.
- Backcountry.com, Inc.: 1678 W. Redstone Center Drive, Suite 210, Park City, UT 84098.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 13 years of age or older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). The prizes are personal to the selected winner and are not assignable to any other person or entity. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and those living in the same households) of Backcountry.com, their affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, legal, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and web site providers/web masters are not eligible to participate. Void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country.
Limitation on the Number of Entries:
- Entries for the Contest will be accepted only during the Contest Period.
- Limit one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified, and Backcountry.com reserves the right to disqualify any person that submits multiple entries. Multiple, automated, bulk entries, or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified, and will void all entries by that Entrant.
Winner Selection and Notification:
- Six (6) total prizes will be awarded.
- Each winner will receive a $250 gift card to Backcountry.com, and six T-shirts with their Entry on it (total approximate value: $120). In addition, each winner shall have their Entry used on an upcoming series of t-shirts produced by Backcountry.com.
- Backcountry.com, Inc. has absolute discretion to choose the prizes and no requests for substitution or replacement will be honored. All prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Backcountry.com using subjective criteria from all eligible entries received. All decisions made by Backcountry.com in relation to the Contest are final and binding. All entries must be submitted by Friday, July 24, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time. The judges shall make their selection on or before July 31, 2015. The winner shall be notified by email within 7 days of the drawing. The sole obligation of Backcountry.com is to send an email to the address provided in the entry form. The winners will have 3 days from the sending date of the winner notification email to respond. If the prize is not claimed within the 3 day time limit, an alternate prize winner will be selected by the same panel of judges from all eligible entries received. The original prize winner will forfeit all rights and have no further rights to any prize nor any claims against Backcountry.com based on the forfeiture of their winnings. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to notification, failure to reach the winner and/or failure to provide required proof of eligibility and release(s) in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner via a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
Odds of Winning:
- Backcountry.com reserves the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors. If because of a printing or other technical error, or for any other reason, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Where permitted by law, winners grant to Backcountry.com (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request), their subsidiaries, affiliates and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, city and state of residence and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return any required releases and related documentation, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
Taxes and Expenses.
- By entering in the Contest and submitting an Entry, Entrant grants to Backcountry a royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly display, and otherwise use the Entry for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to placing the Entry on t-shirts for resale to the general public. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign a License Agreement or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return the License Agreement, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- All applicable local, state, provincial, airport, departure and federal taxes, if any, will be paid by the winner. These may include income and/or sales taxes based on the retail value of the prizes. Any and all expenses not specifically listed as covered in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of and will be paid by the winner.
- Winner agrees to provide such financial information (which may include the winner’s social security number) to Backcountry.com as is necessary for Backcountry.com to complete all necessary tax forms in order to comply with federal, provincial, state and local tax requirements. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of the prize.
RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- By entering in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Backcountry.com, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Each winner shall be bound to observe all terms and conditions imposed by the sponsoring venues. Backcountry.com and its agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotions and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) lost or late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, entries; (2) problems caused by telephonic, electronic, hardware, software programs, networks, the internet, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or computer malfunctions (failures, errors or difficulties of any manner); (3) failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond control of Sponsor that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All Federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND LEGAL COUNSEL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR TERRORISM. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, BY ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE, WINNERS GRANT (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM THAT GRANT IN WRITING) PERMISSION FOR BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., AND THEIR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES TO USE THEIR RESPECTIVE NAMES, PORTRAITS, PICTURES, VOICES AND LIKENESSES, FOR ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
- Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Contest shall be resolved individually, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Utah, and the law of Utah shall govern such disputes.
- Rules/Winners List:
- To receive a copy of the Winners List, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Design our Next T-Shirt Contest, Backcountry.com, 1678 W. Redstone Center Dr., Suite 210, Park City, Utah 84098. All requests must be received within two months of July 31, 2015.
- Backcountry.com shall not be liable for technical, pictorial or typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
- SiteId: 1
- SiteCode: bcs
- Transient: true
- Sec Status: 0
- Catalog: catalog:bcs
- PriceList: priceList:listPrices
- SalePriceList: priceList:salePrices
- isDev: No
- is Mobile (touch): No
- protocol: https
- port: 80
- storeServerUrl: https://www.backcountry.com
- secureStoreServerUrl: https://www.backcountry.com
- request locale:en_US_1
- profile locale:
- Template parameters
- footer: /includes/bcs/footer.jsp
- displayName: /includes/displayName.jsp
- productDisplayBox: /catalog/include/productDisplayBox.jsp
- siteName: Backcountry.com
- navigationFlyouts: /navigation/categoriesNavFlyout.jsp
- logoUrl: /images/bcs/bc-logo.png
- navigation: /navigation/categoriesNav.jsp
- pageStart: /includes/pageStart.jsp
- pageEnd: /includes/pageEnd.jsp
- header: /includes/header.jsp
- Template inheritance tree