“Patagonia Nano-Air Giveaway”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- You can enter Patagonia Nano-Air contest (“the Contest”) by submitting your name and email on the Patagonia Nano-Air Contest page on Backcountry.com. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter to win a prize. Incomplete, illegible, duplicate, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. All entries become the property of Patagonia (“Co-sponsor”) and Backcountry.com, Inc. (“Backcountry.com”) when submitted and will not be returned to entrant. The Contest begins on September 8th, 2014 at 12:00:01 A.M. Mountain Time and ends on September 22nd, 2014 at 11:59:59 P.M. Mountain Time (“Contest Period”).
- Patagonia, Inc.: 259 W Santa Clara St., Ventura, CA 93001, United States.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). The prizes are personal to the selected winner and are not assignable to any other person or entity. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and those living in the same households) of Co-sponsor or Backcountry.com, their affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, legal, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and web site providers/web masters are not eligible to participate. Void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country.
- Entries for the Contest will be accepted only during the Contest Period.
- Limit one entry per person. Additional entries will be disqualified, and Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com reserve the right to disqualify any person that submits multiple entries. Multiple, automated, bulk entries, or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified, and will void all entries by that Entrant.
- One (1) total prize(s) will be awarded.
- One (1) winner will receive the Grand Prize Nano-Air Hooded Insulated Jacket - Men's or Women's or Nano-Air Insulated Jacket - Men's or Women's. (Approx. Retail Value $299.00 or $249.00).
- Backcountry.com, Inc. has absolute discretion to choose the package items and no requests for substitution or replacement will be honored. All prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be determined via a random drawing of all eligible entries received. All decisions made by Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com in relation to the Contest are final and binding. All entries must be submitted by September 22nd, 2014 at 11:59:59 P.M. Mountain Time. The drawing shall take place on or about September 26th, 2014 in Park City, UT. The winner shall be notified by email within 7 days of the drawing. The sole obligation of Co-sponsor or Backcountry.com is to send an email to the address provided in the entry form. The winner will have 3 days from the sending date of the winner notification email to respond. If the prize is not claimed within the 3 day time limit an alternate prize winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received. The original prizewinner will forfeit all rights and have no further rights to any prize nor any claims against Co-sponsor or Backcountry.com based on the forfeiture of their winnings. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to notification, failure to reach the winner and/or failure to provide required proof of eligibility and release(s) in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner via a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
- Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com reserve the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors. If because of a printing or other technical error, or for any other reason, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Where permitted by law, winners grant to Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request), their subsidiaries, affiliates and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winners names, portraits, pictures, voices, likenesses, city and state of residence and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return any required releases and related documentation, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- All applicable local, state, provincial, airport, departure and federal taxes, if any, will be paid by the winners. These may include income and/or sales taxes based on the retail value of the prizes. Any and all expenses not specifically listed as covered in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of and will be paid by the winners.
- Winners agree to provide such financial information (which may include the winner’s social security number) to Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com as is necessary for Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com to complete all necessary tax forms in order to comply with federal, provincial, state and local tax requirements. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- By entering in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Each winner shall be bound to observe all terms and conditions imposed by the sponsoring venues. Co-sponsor, Backcountry.com, and its agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotions and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) lost or late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, entries; (2) problems caused by telephonic, electronic, hardware, software programs, networks, the internet, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or computer malfunctions (failures, errors or difficulties of any manner); (3) failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond control of Sponsors that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All Federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AND GUEST AGREE THAT CO-SPONSOR, BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND LEGAL COUNSEL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT AND GUEST AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. CO-SPONSOR AND BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR TERRORISM. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, BY ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE, WINNERS GRANT (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM THAT GRANT IN WRITING) PERMISSION FOR CO-SPONSOR AND BACKCOUNTRY.COM, INC., AND THEIR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES TO USE THEIR RESPECTIVE NAMES, PORTRAITS, PICTURES, VOICES AND LIKENESSES, FOR ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
o Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Contest shall be resolved individually, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Utah, and the law of Utah shall govern such disputes.
16. Rules/Winners List:
o To receive a copy of the Winners List, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Patagonia Contest, Backcountry.com, 1678 W. Redstone Center Dr., Suite 210, Park City, Utah 84098. All requests must be received by June 25th, 2014.
17. Co-sponsor and Backcountry.com shall not be liable for technical, pictorial or typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.