BACKCOUNTRY x OUTDOORSY SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Backcountry.com, LLC, 1678 Redstone Center Drive, #210, Park City, UT 84098 and Outdoorsy, Inc, 1300 Guadalupe Street, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78701 (“Sponsors”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Backcountry x Outdoorsy (“Sweepstakes”). A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE: Sweepstakes begins May 17, 2021 at 12:01 MST and ends May 30, 2021 at 11:59 MST (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must do the following:
- Complete the Outdoorsy x Backcountry Entry Form (“Entry Form”) available here: https://www.backcountry.com/sc/outdoorsy-contest-entry-form.
All entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to permanent legal residents of the 47 United States who are 25 years of age or older excluding residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, overseas military installations, Puerto Rico, the District of Columbia, and other U.S. Territories). One entry per person.
The following persons are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Employees, officers, directors of Backcountry or Outdoorsy, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, related companies, agencies, or prize suppliers;
- independent contractors of Backcountry or Outdoorsy;
- Any member of the immediate family (parent, child, sibling, spouse) of any person in either of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live; and
- Any member of the same household of any person in categories (a) or (b), whether related or not.
4. GRANT OF RIGHTS TO SPONSORS UPON ENTRY: In exchange for the opportunity to enter Sweepstakes, as good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged:
- Entrant agrees to be enrolled in the Sponsors’ broader marketing efforts through email or direct mail. Entrants may unsubscribe or adjust their communication preferences under their Backcountry.com or Ourdoorsy.com account settings.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about June 5, 2021, the winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by representatives of Backcountry. Provided that the entry is in compliance with these Official Rules.
6. NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION OF WINNER: Potential winners will be notified via email, phone or mail using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
A potential winner must respond to Sponsor within seven (7) calendar days or his/her/their prize will be forfeited.
Potential winners will receive a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where lawful) via email which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) business days of transmission. (An electronic signature or affirmation on each will have the same legal effect as an actual hand-signed document.)
In the event of noncompliance with the declaration and release requirement, if a potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, or if a potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, he/she/they will be disqualified and forfeit the prize without compensation of any kind. In case of prize forfeiture, an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received via random drawing as set forth above.
7. PRIZE / ODDS OF WINNING: Three (3) entrants selected at random (“Sweepstakes Winners”) will be awarded the Backcountry x Outdoorsy Sweepstakes Prize.
- One Grand prize winner will receive a gift card eligible for use on Backcountry with a value of $2,000, and an RV rental credit redeemable with Outdoorsy for up to $2,000.
- One Second Place winner will receive a gift card eligible for use on Backcountry with a value of $1,000, and an RV rental credit redeemable with Outdoorsy for up to $1,000.
- One Third Place winner will receive a gift card eligible for use on Backcountry with a value of $500, and an RV rental credit redeemable with Outdoorsy for up to $500.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize: Grand Prize: $4,000, Second Place: $2,000, and Third Place: $1,000. Cumulative Retail Value of Prizes: $7,000.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Additional Prize Restrictions:
- The Sweepstakes Prize will be shipped to the primary shipping address listed in the Sweepstakes Winner’s Sweepstakes registration. Standard shipping applies.
- Sweepstakes Winners may return the Sweepstakes Prize consistent with Backcountry’s standard Return Policy, however they must coordinate any returns through a Backcountry Gearhead that will be assigned upon selection and notification of the Sweepstakes Winners.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance and use of prize elements are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- All taxes on the value of the prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsors will issue Sweepstakes Winners an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting the value of the prize and will report the winner’s receipt of the prize to the Internal Revenue Service and other relevant tax authorities as required by applicable law. Winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor relative to its compliance with Internal Revenue Service and other governmental tax reporting requirements, including by completing an IRS W9 Tax Form with their social security number.
8. RELEASES: Where legal, by accepting the Prize, the Sweepstakes Winner agrees to the use of his/her/their name, likeness, photo, voice, biographical information, image and other indicia of his/her/their persona/identity by Sponsor in perpetuity for advertising/publicity/trade purposes without further compensation or notice.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sponsors, their parent, affiliates, divisions, related companies and subsidiaries, prize suppliers, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of the Prize or any element thereof. The preceding includes but is not limited to damage to a mobile device (or information/data stored thereon) used by the entrant to participate in the Sweepstakes.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are late, lost, garbled, incomplete, inaccessible/blocked, corrupted, jumbled, misdirected, delayed or damaged, regardless of cause, all of which are void; for technological, programming, electronic, or other errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind which interfere with the advertising/offering of the Sweepstakes in any respect.
TAMPERING WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INTERFERING WITH THE INTENDED OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, SEEKING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR VIOLATING THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, IF APPLICABLE. ANY PERSON DETERMINED TO BE ENGAGED IN SUCH ACTIVITIES MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATION IN FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTESTS SPONSORED BY BACKCOUNTRY.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION / CHOICE OF LAW: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that:
- Any disputes regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be governed by the law of the State of Utah without regard to choice of law or conflict of law rules of the State of Utah or of any other jurisdiction;
- Entrant is subject to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the District of Utah (situated in Salt Lake City) or Utah state court situated in Salt Lake County, Utah;
- Any action will be brought by entrant individually, not as part of a class action;
- Entrant’s recovery in any such action is limited to actual costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and special, compensatory, punitive or consequential damages expressly waived.
If the preceding or any other provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email message to email@example.com and type “Outdoorsy x Backcountry Winners” in the subject line. A winners list will be provided after each monthly selection and verification of winners. Any requests for the list of winners must be received by Backcountry by December 31, 2021.
12. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and type “Question re: Win Your Wish List Sweepstakes” in the subject line.