BACKCOUNTRY FJALLRAVEN CLASSIC
TREASURE HUNT CONTEST
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
CONTEST BEGINS AT 6:00 PM MOUNTAIN ON MAY 8, 2018 AND ENDS AT 12:00 AM MOUNTAIN ON MAY 29, 2018. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00 AM MOUNTAIN ON MAY 29, 2018.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Backcountry Fjällräven Classic Treasure Hunt Contest (the “Contest”):
· Follow clues to find one black bear canister with the Backcountry Goat logo and Fjällräven Classic logo, hidden at various locations across Utah, Montana, and Wyoming.
· Clues will be published on Backcountry’s Instagram page (http://www.instagram.com/backcountry)
· The first person to find each case should take a picture with the bear canister and post that picture to Instagram using #BackcountryAirstream and #contest and tagging @backcountrygearheads (herinafter “Entry” or “Entries”)
· Winners will receive a $100 in Backcountry credit to spend on Backcountry.com. Winners also get to keep the bear canister and any additional contents inside. Take the canister with you once you find it so that Backcountry can identify you as the sole winner.
· IMPORTANT: Your Instagram account must be set to ‘Public’ so that we are able to view your contest entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00 AM MOUNTAIN ON MAY 29, 2018. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. If additional Entries are received per person, only the earliest Entry will be eligible.
3. LIABILITY RELEASE: Participation in the Contest is voluntary and contestants participate at their own risk. Searching for the Backountry Fjällräven Classic Treasure Hunt packages may include some inherent risk of physical injury or exposure to the effects of weather, including extreme temperature or conditions. By participating in the Contest, contestants acknowledge that all risks are known and appreciated. By participating, contestants waive any and all specific notice of the existence of these and other risks. Participants shall assume and pay all medical and emergency expenses in the event of injury, illness, or other incapacity that result from participation in the Contest.
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE: Knowing the inherent risks of participation and by choosing to participate in the Contest, contestants release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue and agree to hold Backcountry, its subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, joint ventures, officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, insurers, insurance brokers, and successors of Backcountry, harmless from any and all claims, demands and actions of any and every kind I have, may have or may hereafter accrue against the released parties directly or indirectly arising out of or relating in any respect to my attending or participating in all aspects of this Contest.
5. AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THE LAW: Contestants agree to abide by all state, local, and federal laws in participating in this Contest and searching for the Backcountry packages, including but not limited to prohibitions on entry, trespass, and unauthorized hours of service. Backcountry encourages contestants to participate in the Contest in a safe, lawful, and responsible manner. Contestants who act in violation of the law may be disqualified from participation at Backcountry’s sole discretion.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined based on the date and time their Entry is posted to Instagram. The earliest eligible posting that meets the entry criteria during the Contest term will win. Within seven (7) days of the End Date, Winners will be notified through a private social media message or via the provided email address by representatives of Backcountry. The email or message will include next steps for retrieving the prize. Winners will be determined based on review by representatives of Backcountry and their verification of the authenticity and accuracy of the Entry. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken with procedures established by Sponsor.
7. PRIZES: $100 in credit to spend on backcountry.com and its affiliate websites, the black bear canister, and its contents. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $100. Utah winner will also receive one (1) Fjällräven Keb Pants and one (1) Kanken. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $230. Montana winner will also receive a Primus Lite XL, mug, and shirt. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $180. Wyoming winner will also receive a pair of Hanwag boots. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $300. Grand prize consists of 2 nights of lodging at Copper Mountain, Registration for Fjällräven Classic, gas, and food. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1000. All prizes will be awarded assuming a sufficient number of eligible Entries. Limit: one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
8. AGREEMENT TO PROMOTE: Each participant agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. All photographs submitted as part of the Entry become the exclusive property of Backcountry (the “Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Contest open to adults ages 18 or older, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Backcountry and its affiliates, agents, or advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Contest.
9. GENERAL: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Utah. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, incorrect or misdirected Entries; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, including but not limited to the failure of the entry submission functionality, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption; theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry materials; loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any entrant’s email account to receive email messages. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and winners will be selected from among all eligible Entries received prior to such time based on the process set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By accepting the prize, winners agree to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with participation in any Contest-related activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners' names, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "Backcountry Fjällräven Classic Treasure Hunt Contest Winners" in the subject line. Such requests must be received within seven (7) days of the End Date.
11. SPONSOR: Backcountry.com LLC., 1678 West Redstone Center, Suite 210, Park City, UT 84098
12. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an email to email@example.com and type “Question Re Backcountry Fjällräven Classic Treasure Hunt Contest” in the subject line.
Backcountry.com is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws worldwide.
Backcountry.com and the Backcountry Goat logo are registered trademarks of Backcountry.com LLC.