BACKCOUNTRY GOAT STICKER SOCIAL MEDIA SWEEPSTAKES
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE BACKCOUNTRY GOAT STICKER SOCIAL MEDIA SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BACKCOUNTRY.COM LLC (“SPONSOR”) IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE: The Backcountry Goat Sticker Social Media Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM MST on February 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM MST on January 31, 2022 (Sweepstakes Deadline), with one winner selected at the conclusion of each calendar month (Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline).
2. HOW TO ENTER: Take a photo of your Goat sticker and upload it using one (1) of the following entry methods:
- Enter using Facebook: From the Backcountry Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Backcountry), click on the Goat sticker tab. Completely fill out the entry form, which will prompt you to upload your photo.
- Enter using Instagram: Post your Goat sticker photo to your public (not private) Instagram account by the Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline at 11:59 p.m. Tag @backcountry and use the hashtags #goatsticker and #sweepstakes for your entry to be valid. Post must be static (not dynamic) and made as part of your Instagram feed.
- Enter using Twitter: Post your Goat sticker photo to your public (not private) Twitter account, by the Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline at 11:59 p.m. Tag @backcountry and use the hashtags #goatsticker and #sweepstakes for your entry to be valid. Post must be static (not dynamic) and made as part of your Twitter feed.
Entrant may only use one entry method per month, but may select a different entry method each month if desired. Entrants are limited to twelve (12) total entries per person. Entries will roll over each month if the entrant is not selected as the winner of the Monthly Sweepstakes.
Entrants must have a public account on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter in order to participate in the Sweepstakes. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts are free and can be opened at Facebook.com, Instagram.com and Twitter.com respectively. Entrants must follow Backcountry on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (@Backcountry) so that Backcountry can contact you if your entry is selected as the winner.
All entries must be submitted no later than the Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline. No illegible, incomplete, or forged entries will be accepted. Backcountry.com, LLC is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, all of which are void. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS:
- There is a limit of twelve (12) total entries per person. Violation of the entry limit will result in only the initial photo posted being accepted as an entry; however, should Sponsor determine in its sole discretion that violation of the entry limit is repeated, egregious or blatant, ALL photos posted by that entrant will be declared void and the entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
- Entrants must tag Backcountry and use the hashtags #goatsticker and #sweepstakes for Instagram or Twitter submissions. Any failure to abide by these requirements could subject the entrant to disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Proof of posting of photo does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry in the Contest.
- Photo must be the entrant’s original work. Joint, group, team or collaborative submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Once submitted, photo cannot be modified, amended or supplemented by entrant.
- Proof of posting of photo does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry in the Contest.
- Use of automated or programmed means of participation in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification of entrant.
- If a person enters by using a mobile device, standard message and data rates and/or wireless Internet access charges may apply. Entrant may be charged by his/her/their wireless carrier in conjunction with Sweepstakes entry. Entrant is cautioned to review his/her/their wireless carrier's pricing plan BEFORE participating in the Sweepstakes. Wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas and is not available on all mobile devices.
4. ADDITIONAL ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: Photo will be declared void and will not be accepted as an entry in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the photo does not fully comply with the following content requirements. (A prospective entrant will NOT be notified if his/her/their photo is deemed to be unacceptable and does not result in Sweepstakes entry.)
- Includes content that may infringe the trademark or copyright or other intellectual property rights of someone else (e.g., brand names or logos, product names, events, professional sports teams, even color combinations, or photographs or artwork belonging to someone else);
- Includes a name or nickname or symbol or image associated with another person (living or dead) unless you have that person’s consent;
- Includes content that may be or may contain images that are insulting, abusive, inciting violence, threatening, intimidating, obscene, inflammatory, sexually explicit, profane, offensive, harassing, derogatory, degrading, defamatory, harmful, discriminatory or unlawful or invasive of another’s privacy;
- Includes personal information (e.g., phone number, e-mail address) of entrant or any other person;
- Includes content that has been previously published;
- Includes content that disparages or damages the goodwill and/or business reputation of Backcountry; or
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined from all eligible entries received by the Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline in a random drawing following the last calendar day of each month during the Sweepstakes period (the “Drawing”). The Drawing will be conducted by representatives of Sponsor whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. One winner will be selected at the conclusion of each calendar month. Potential winners will be notified through the social media network on which they submitted their entry.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS: There will be a total of twelve (12) winners and twelve (12) prizes awarded, one for each calendar month. One winner each month will receive a $100 Backcountry.com gift card. The ARV of each prize is $100 and the total ARV of all prizes is $1,200.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received by each Monthly Sweepstakes Deadline. Because entries roll over, odds will change each month based on the number of entries received.
All prizes will be awarded (assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries.) Limit: one prize per person, family or household. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States, except residents of Florida, New York and Rhode Island, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry who have or open an account on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Employees and their immediate families as well as members of the same household of Sponsor are excluded.
8. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winners if declarations/releases are not completed within 5 days that the prize is awarded.
9. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Utah. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if any cause outside of Sponsor’s control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on a Backcountry’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his/her Sweepstakes entry) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in these Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in these Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity. By accepting the prize, the Winner grants Backcountry a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use the photo submitted as their Sweepstakes entry on Backcountry's sites, controlled social media channels, and other advertising and promotional content. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, likeness, image, photo, and biographical information for promotional purses without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
10. RELEASES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, divisions, related companies and subsidiaries, prize suppliers, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram/Twitter from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of Goat Sticker Social Media Sweepstakes or any element thereof. The preceding includes but is not limited to damage to mobile device (or information/data stored thereon) used by entrant to participate in the Sweepstakes.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type “GOAT STICKER SWEEPSTAKES” in the subject line. A winners list will be provided after each monthly selection and verification of winners. Any requests for the list of winners must be received by Backcountry by 1/31/22.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this sweepstakes are Backcountry.com LLC, 1678 West Redstone Center, Suite 210, Park City, UT 84098.
13. NO AFFILIATION: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By participating in the Sweepstakes, every entrant agrees to release Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from any liability associated with his or her participation in the contest.
14. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Send an e-mail to email@example.com and type “QUESTION RE: GOAT STICKER SWEEPSTAKES” in the subject line.
Backcountry.com is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws worldwide. Backcountry.com and the Backcountry goat logo are registered trademarks of Backcountry.com LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners including any affiliated brands carried on our website.