“BACKCOUNTRY REVIEW CONTEST”
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
- How to Enter:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- The Backcountry Review Contest (“the Contest”) begins on October 1, 2015 at 12:00AM MST and ends on November 30, 2015, at 11:59PM MST ("Contest Period").
- The Contest may be entered through the following means:
- ENTER BY SUBMITTING A REVIEW: Go to www.backcountry.com and leave a review of 100-words or more on any item carried by Backcountry that you have purchased, owned, or used (a “Review”). Upon submission of a Review, you will be automatically entered into the Contest. Each Review constitutes one entry. There is no limit on the number of Reviews you can submit during the Contest Period; however, you can only submit one Review per item. Information requested when submitting a Review consists of providing your name, email address, and date of birth.
- ENTER BY MAIL: The Contest may be entered by mailing (no limit on mail entries), via United States first class mail, a 3"x5" card containing your name, full residence address, phone number, email address and date of birth, to: Backcountry Review Contest
c/o Backcountry Community
1678 W Redstone Center Dr, Ste. 210
Park City, UT 84098
- Backcountry.com, LLC, 1678 W Redstone Center Dr., Ste 210, Park City, UT 84098.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (including the District of Columbia) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry (“Entrant”). The prizes are personal to the selected winner and are not assignable to any other person or entity. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and those living in the same households) of Backcountry.com, their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, legal, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and web site providers/web masters are not eligible to participate. Void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country.
- Entries for the Contest will be accepted only during the Contest Period.
- Automated or bulk entries, or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified, and will void all entries by that Entrant.
- Grand Prize: There will be five (5) Grand Prizes, each consisting of a $100 Backcountry.com gift certificate.
- Backcountry.com gift certificates are redeemable for future purchases at Backcountry.com for merchandise, are not redeemable for cash, and are not a credit or debit card. Use of a Backcountry.com gift certificate is subject to terms and conditions of use of the Backcountry.com website (available at //www.backcountry.com/sc/privacy-policy). No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prizes is allowed by any winner. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Backcountry.com has absolute discretion to choose the package items and no requests for substitution or replacement will be honored. All prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Winners will be determined via a random drawing of all eligible entries received. All decisions made by Backcountry.com in relation to the Contest are final and binding. All entries must be submitted by November 30, 2015 at 11:59:59 P.M. Mountain Time. The drawing shall take place on or about December 15, 2015 in Park City, UT. The winner shall be notified by email within seven (7) days of the drawing. The sole obligation of Backcountry.com is to send an email to the address provided in the entry form. The winner will have three (3) days from the sending date of the winner notification email to respond. If the prize is not claimed within the three (3) day time limit an alternate prize winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received. The original prizewinner will forfeit all rights and have no further rights to any prize nor any claims against Backcountry.com based on the forfeiture of their winnings. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to notification, failure to reach the winner and/or failure to provide required proof of eligibility and release(s) in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner via a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
- Backcountry.com reserves the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors. If because of a printing or other technical error, or for any other reason, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Where permitted by law, winners grant to Backcountry.com (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request), their subsidiaries, affiliates and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winners names, portraits, pictures, voices, likenesses, city and state of residence and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return any required releases and related documentation, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- All applicable local, state, provincial, airport, departure and federal taxes, if any, will be paid by the winners. These may include income and/or sales taxes based on the retail value of the prizes. Any and all expenses not specifically listed as covered in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of and will be paid by the winners.
- Winners agree to provide such financial information (which may include the winner’s social security number) to Backcountry.com as is necessary for Backcountry.com to complete all necessary tax forms in order to comply with federal, provincial, state and local tax requirements. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- By entering in the Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Backcountry.com, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Backcountry.com and its agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotions and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) lost or late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, entries; (2) problems caused by telephonic, electronic, hardware, software programs, networks, the internet, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or computer malfunctions (failures, errors or difficulties of any manner); (3) failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond control of Sponsor that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All Federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest is void in FL, RI, NY, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT BACKCOUNTRY.COM, LLC AND ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES AND LEGAL COUNSEL WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT AND GUEST AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BACKCOUNTRY.COM, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER OR TERRORISM. EXCEPT WHERE LEGALLY PROHIBITED, BY ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE, WINNERS GRANT (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM THAT GRANT IN WRITING) PERMISSION FOR BACKCOUNTRY.COM, LLC, AND THEIR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES TO USE THEIR RESPECTIVE NAMES, PORTRAITS, PICTURES, VOICES AND LIKENESSES, FOR ADVERTISING OR PUBLICITY WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
- Disputes: THE UTAH COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
- Rules/Winners List:
- To receive a copy of the Winners List, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Backcountry Review Contest, c/o Backcountry Community, 1678 W Redstone Center Dr, Ste. 210, Park City, UT 84098. All requests must be received by January 15, 2016.
- Backcountry.com, LLC shall not be liable for technical, pictorial or typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All trademarks or logos used herein are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.