Backcountry and Icebreaker “Win a Trip to Park City to meet Chris Burkard” Contest
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.Backcountry and Icebreaker ‘win a trip to Park City to meet Chris Burkard’ (the "contest") commences on Wednesday 24nd July, 2019 @12:01am pst and ends on Wednesday 31st July, 2019 at 12:00am (midnight) pst (‘contest period’).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Except residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island, Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, age 18 or older, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies. Employees of Backcountry and Icebreaker ("Sponsor"), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER: All entries must be submitted no later than Contest Deadline by completing a “Win a Trip to Park City to meet Chris Burkard” Contest Entry Form (“Entry Form”) and submitting the completed Entry Form by commenting on the designated Instagram or Facebook post. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered or mechanically reproduced, facsimile or photocopied entries will be accepted. Not responsible for lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, all of which are void. All entries become the exclusive property of Backcountry.com LLC (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned.
3. ENTRY: For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an electronic entry occurs when Backcountry’s servers record the entry information upon clicking the "Submit" or “Accept” button. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an online entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS, OR PER HOUSEHOLD ADDRESS DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD.Limit one (1) Entry per person, per email address and per household, regardless of method of entry per day. Entries received from any person or email address or household in excess of the limitation will be void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.Icebreaker and/or Backcountry reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be:(a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest;(b) violating the Official Rules; or(c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
5. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential winner will be selected by random draw within the two (2) business days after the end of the Contest Period (pursuant to the Prizes set out below). The draw will be made at Backcountry (1678 Redstone Center Dr #210, Park City, UT 84098, USA). The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible participants. The selected participants will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw. If an eligible entrant is selected and does not respond via email or phone to accept the prize, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion, he/she may be disqualified, and Sponsor will select another potential winner from the pool of eligible entries for that drawing. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
6. PRIZE: There are two (2) prizes:There are two prizes available to the retail value of $1,500 consisting of:Flights (Return airfare in economy class for two (2) persons to Park City, departing from an airport in USA at the sponsor’s discretion. Flights must leave on the 9th August, 2019 and return on the 11th August, 2019.The winner and guest must travel together. Icebreaker will arrange the flight reservations for the winner and guest.Hotel accommodation for two (2) nights for two (2), in double occupancy, to be chosen by the sponsor, subject to availability. No cancellation policy.Invitation to an evening event with Chris Burkard and all that is included as per the exclusive event held at Backcountry.com on the 10th August, 2019. Transportation, if required to the event, will need to be covered by the winner. The costs for this will be reimbursed to the winner by Icebreaker on proof of receipt.
6. REDEEMING THE PRIZE: The winner will be drawn at random. Winner will be notified by email. Upon notification, the selected potential winner must respond to the email or to the contact number provided in the notification within two (2) business days. If the selected potential winner does not respond in accordance with the Official Rules, his/her prize will be forfeited.
7.RELEASE AND LIABILITY: By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.Backcountry and Icebreaker reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest for any reason or should causes beyond the control of Icebreaker corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.Backcountry and Icebreaker assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of the entries. Backcountry and Icebreaker is not responsible for (i) any problems or technical malfunctions or any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software; (ii) the failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Backcountry on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof.Participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Park City, USA. (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.By submitting your Entry, you agree that you are releasing Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with (i) participation in the Contest or any related activity, or (ii) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or any component thereof, (including, without limitation, those related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light), to the extent permitted by law.
8. SPONSORS: Backcountry.com (1678 Redstone Center Dr #210, Park City, UT, 84098, USA) Icebreaker Merino Unit 502 - 21 Water Street, Vancouver, V6B 1A1, BC, CANADA