BACKCOUNTRY GEARHEAD-CERTIFIED PRODUCT CONTEST
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00 AM MOUNTAIN ON OCTOBER 27, 2018 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM MOUNTAIN ON OCTOBER 28, 2018. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM MOUNTAIN ON OCTOBER 28, 2018.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Contestants may enter the Backcountry Gearhead-Certified Product Contest via social media comments. On your Instagram or Facebook account, comment on the post announcing the Contest and tell us what features you’ve always wanted in your ski or snowboard gear.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM MOUNTAIN ON OCTOBER 28, 2018. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered Entries will be accepted. LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. If additional Entries are received per person, only the Entry received earliest will be eligible. All Entries become the exclusive property of Backcountry (the “Sponsor”) and will not be returned.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined on or about October 30, 2018 by representatives of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will be determined based on review by representatives of Backcountry and their verification of the authenticity and accuracy of the Entry. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken in accordance with procedures established by Sponsor. Each winner will be notified on or about October 30, 2018 via the social media platform on which he/she placed his/her Entry.
3. PRIZES:One (1) pair of Backcountry Dead Tree Zip-Off Insulated Knickers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $149.95. Total ARV of all prizes: $149.95. All prizes will be awarded (assuming sufficient number of eligible Entries). Limit: one (1) prize per family or household. Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No other substitution or transfer of prizes permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individual legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are age 18 or older, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and its affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Each winner may be required to sign an affidavit/declaration of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. Prize may be forfeited if affidavit/declaration is not returned within 14 days after mailing to winner or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable or if three (3) attempts to contact entrant by email or phone are unsuccessful. Each winner agrees to use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
6. GENERAL: This Contest is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States of America. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due, incorrect or misdirected Entries, mail, email, videos or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, including but not limited to the failure of the entry submission functionality, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines or data corruption; theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry materials; loss or otherwise. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in any Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to participate is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or is suspected by Sponsor (in its sole reasonable discretion) to be using unauthorized methods to register or enter will be disqualified. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and the winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received prior to such time based on the process set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judge and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners' names, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and type "Backcountry Gearhead-Certified Product Contest Winners" in the subject line. Such requests must be received by October 28, 2018.
8. SPONSOR: Backcountry.com LLC., 1678 West Redstone Center, Suite , Park City, UT 84098
9. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an e-mail to email@example.com and type “Question Re Backcountry Gearhead-Certified Product Contest” in the subject line.
Backcountry.com is protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws worldwide.
Backcountry.com and the Backcountry goat logo are registered trademarks of Backcountry.com LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.