Did someone say apres-ski?
- Rugged winter boot built for deep snow
- Suede upper material provides protection against weather
- Pro-Dri membrane keeps you dry in snowy conditions
- Wool blend lining gives breathable and soft warmth
- Mid-calf length gives you protect in deep snow
- Warmth in weather up to -22F for blistering conditions
- Item #SVL0006
- Q & A
These run VERY small!!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I bought these as a possible replacement of my size 7 Sorel Joan of Arctic boots. The Sorel's are great at keeping my feet warm, but even after years of wear, aren't that flexible at the ankle, which makes them somewhat tiring to walk in for long periods of time. I was excited to get the Phoenix boots (also size 7) since they are stylish and have a really low temperature rating. When they arrived, I realized that they actually have a zipper closure on the inside of the leg, which isn't mentioned in the description or shown in the pictures. I actually like this feature, as you can double knot the laces to keep them in place, but still easily slip in and out of the boot. The materials and build seem to be of very high quality, and the ankle has a lot more flexibility.
However, the sizing is way off. When I put them on, they were so small that my toes were touching the front of the boot. I held the soles of the Phoenix boot up to the soles of the Joan or Arctic boot and there was a very noticeable difference in length. Because of this, I had to return the boots. I have not yet decided if I want to reorder the next size up.