Why We Like The Santa Cruz Blur Carbon S Mountain Bike
The Blur Carbon S Mountain Bike is a worthy tool for our local XC race series, or just for leaving our buddies in the dust on long-distance singletrack routes. This modern cross-country machine utilizes 100mm of Superlight rear travel to help our rear tire stick to the ground on grueling climbs, and provide a touch of added traction on the descents. The 68.3-degree head tube angle is steep enough for a super aggressive pedaling position, while the 29in wheels let us roll over rock ledges with ease.
Spec on this iteration of the Blur doesn't miss a beat, high-value RockShox components supporting season after season of hits. The bike is decked out with the SID fork and rear SidLuxe shock, two impressively lightweight systems that support on the descents and climbs. The drivetrain is fully kitted with SRAM's 12-speed Eagle drivetrain which offers an impressive gear range and low maintenance. The lightweight Carbon C frame leaves nearly nothing to be desired and is only one step down from the CC model. Maxxis Aspen tires in the 2.4in width allow for better grip in the corners and low rolling resistance in the flats.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Santa Cruz's 29er cross-country race bike
- 100mm of rear travel is efficient and supplies added traction
- Flex-stay design won't sacrifice watts while pedaling
- RockShox suspension is lightweight, plush, and supportive
- Lockout levers front and rear put pedaling efficiency at our fingertips
- Modern geometry gets us over obstacles and quickly up climbs
- Maxxis tires optimize grip and lower rolling resistance
- Carbon C frame is lightweight and strong
- Item #SNZK1DB