5010 Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame
Why We Like The Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame
The 5010 Carbon CC Mountain Bike Frame is a pretty rad place to start when we’re building a mid-travel trail bike that gravitates towards the playful side. The 5010 is intended to be built up with a 29in wheel up front for enhanced rollover capabilities in rough terrain, and a 27.5in rear wheel for maneuverability and cornering control. Santa Cruz slightly tweaked the anti-squat and leverage curve so that the 130mm of VPP rear travel delivers a bit more rear wheel traction for enhanced climbing and descending in technical terrain.
Thanks to a balanced 64.9-degree head tube angle (low position, 140mm fork), the 5010 is maneuverable in tight spaces, yet stable enough for mobbing flow trails at speed. Another highlight is the Glovebox in-frame storage system that stows our spare tube, tools, and snacks securely in the bike’s downtube. Santa Cruz utilizes their top-tier Carbon CC frame construction with this frame, supplying a lightweight ride feel that’s also super reactive and durable.
- Mid-travel trail frame is a great starting point for a zippy trail bike
- 130mm of lower-link VPP travel attacks climbs and dissects descents
- Top-tier Super Deluxe Ultimate Shock is smooth and adjustable
- Mixed wheel design is both capable and playful for versatile riders
- Top-spec Carbon CC frame for durability and weight savings
- Glovebox in-frame storage stashes our everyday riding essentials
- SRAM Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH) is easy to replace
- Santa Cruz frames are known for their bombproof durability
- Item #SNZK1JT