Mid Tide Surfboard
Lady surfers need not look further than the Salt Gypsy Mid Tide Surfboard. This mid-length board is a do it all everyday type deck to help take the guess work out of surfing. Various sizes allow you to choose the correct feel for your size or endeavor while a balanced and inviting shape can handle just about anything you want to do on the swell.
- Mid-length cruiser built for use in all conditions everyday
- Varying sizes cater to different sized riders and different intent
- Generous outline easily balances railing turns and cruising lines
- Round tail is versatile, offers loose maneuvering or solid hold
- Single fin design offers exceptional pivoting control
- Dimensions are chosen with female surfers in mind for ideal feel
- Item #SGY0003
- 6ft 4in, 6ft 8in, 7ft, 7ft 4in
- [6ft 4in] 21in, [6ft 8in] 21.25in, [7ft] 21.5in, [7ft 4in] 2.875in
- [6ft 4in] 2 1/2in, [6ft 8in] 2 5/8in, [7ft] 2 3/4in, [7ft 4in] 2 7/8in
- [6ft 4in] 37L, [6ft 8in] 41L, [7ft] 46L, [7ft 4in] 51L
- Tail Shape
- 7in single, FCS II performer sides
- Fins Included
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
September 20, 2020
Love the board, but arrived damaged.
Like another reviewer, I got the board damaged in the mail. It had a little ding on the deck. It was packaged strangely, with protection on the rails but nothing but a thin cardboard between the middle of the board and the box, leaving it vulnerable for damage during transit. I really didn't want to go through the process of repackaging and dragging back to UPS, so I took the offer of Backcountry to get it repaired. Not super pleased with getting a board repaired before I even take it out for the first time, but overall I'm satisfied with the CS of Backcountry. I do think they need to do a much better job of packaging such an expensive item.
September 4, 2020
This board is great, it's thin and maneuverable and performs great in both small and large waves. The board shipped to my house with no damages and no plastic because the brand is trying to eliminate their plastic use and be more Eco-friendly.
July 21, 2020
Good board. Damaged during shipping.
- I returned this product before using it
- True to size
The board itself is pretty nice (I wouldn't say great - the glass on the deck and bottom felt way too thin... like I could puncture it with my thumb), but the way it was packaged was awful. The rails were protected, but the deck and bottom were covered with merely a thin piece of cardboard. No bubble wrap or styrofoam. I waited 2 weeks for the board to arrive via UPS and received a damaged board (major ding on the bottom). It was clear that UPS hit the side of the box. If the board was packaged with more protection, I think it would have been fine. Backcountry was great and gave me two options: return for a full refund or get the board repaired and they would reimburse me. I decided to return it. Seems silly repair a brand new board that I hadn't even surfed yet! Bummed, but overall I think it was a blessing in disguise because the board itself felt pretty fragile to begin with.