Select Style & Size
Cowchipper Carbon Drop Handlebar
Enjoy more comfort and hand positions with the Cowchipper Carbon Drop Handlebar from Salsa. Its carbon construction affords it a lightweight build, dampens washboard gravel, and provides adequate stiffness on those out of the saddle efforts making it ideal for the racing or performance-oriented all-road cyclist.
It's hard not to ignore its unique shape with its extreme 24-degree flare giving you more hand positions and control while descending tricky gravel or when fully loaded down on a cross country tour. Likewise, its shallow 116mm drop and short 68mm reach put you in a more comfortable position and the 12-degree ramp angle allows for a smooth transition from bar to levers. We're fairly certain that if you are looking at this bar, your priorities lie with comfort over aerodynamics, however, if you do want to mount up some aerobars or Salsa's Anything Cradle, the bar is approved and it has 140mm of real estate at its 31.8mm clamp area.
- Salsa's carbon drop bar for all road riding and racing
- Unidirectional carbon fiber construction is light, stiff, and comfortable
- Shallow 116mm drop and short 68mm reach is built for all-day comfort
- 24-degree flare places the arms in a more natural position
- 12-degree drop angle allows for a flat transition to the hoods
- 31.8mm clamp diameter and 140mm width is Salsa Anything Cradle and aerobar compatible
- Item #SLA000F
- [center-to-center] 40cm, 42cm, 44cm, 46cm
- Claimed Weight
- [44cm] 229g
- Recommended Use
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 5 years
What do you think about this product?
November 2, 2019
The choice for gravel riding magic
- I've used it several times
This bar is magic: just the right amount of flare, Goldilocks position for reach and drops. Inspires confidence descending from precise control, and provides sweet compliance relief from the harshness of aluminum bars. 10 out of 10. Looks stealth as well!