Way more sophisticated than tape.
It's easy to connect your boots to your skis; you can glue them together, say, or use a whole roll of duct tape. If you prefer reliable release, bomber retention, and safety over DIY clamps, though, Salomon's Z12 Ski Binding is worth a try. It has a DIN that runs from 4 all the way up to 12, making it perfect for intermediates or middleweight experts, along with automatic wing and toe adjustment that reduce fiddling before you're ready to ride. The Vertical Progressive Pivot ensures consistent release in backwards falls, and the SCP pedal slider anti-friction device makes sure you won't be locked in during the sideways twisting falls that take a toll on your knees.
- A low-profile binding for maximum terrain feedback
- 4-12 DIN for intermediates or middleweight experts
- Automatic wing adjustment reduces fiddling
- AFD plate to guarantee a smooth release
- Vertical progressive pivot for controlled release on backwards falls
- High lateral transmission for more precision and control
- Item #SAL00U8