Steady as she goes.
You wouldn't drive up canyon in whiteout conditions without your chains, nor would you go hiking in the snow without the Salomon Women's X Ultra Mid 2 Spikes GTX Winter Boot. This rugged individual keeps you from sliding of the trail when your path to your 14 footer is covered in less than ideal conditions. The rubber soles are designed specifically for hiking in snow and ice, with deep lugs and nine carbide-tipped metal spikes for superior traction against the perils of Old Man Winter. The Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry tromping through deep snow, but won't trap water vapor inside if your foot overheats, while rugged textiles and leather endure sharp rocks and ice.
Salomon's OrthoLite technology graces the footbed and sockliner, providing cushioning and moisture management, because although its cold outside, your feet can get pretty toasty on a steep trail. The EVA midsole offers efficient response, so your dogs aren't barking before you've reached that glorious winter view, and it works with all layers of the shoe to reduce fatigue. An advanced chassis rests between the outsole and midsole, assisting with motion control, energy management, and push—creating an efficient, stable, and responsive ride as you head to the next peak.
- Rough and tough hiking boots for conquering winter treks
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry from the inside and out
- Durable uppers keep going mile after rugged mile
- Winterized lugs and metal spikes offer robust grip on snow and ice
- OrthoLite footbed and sockliner provide breathable comfort
- Lightweight chassis between out and midsole maximizes response
- Ankle support and lace closure provide a performance fit
- Item #SAL01F7