X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boot
The Salomon Women's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Wide Hiking Boot offers the same lightweight support on rugged trails as the regular version, but in a slightly wider fit. At a little over 14 ounces it won't weigh you down, but also doesn’t sacrifice weight for durability and lasting comfort.
Its Contagrip sole provides dependable traction on rough trails, while the EVA midsole and Ortholite footbed reduce shock and thus minimize foot fatigue. Salomon's Advanced chassis ensures you have lateral support on uneven terrain, and the Sensifit liner keeps your foot comfortably cradled as you pick your way through boulder fields or loose scree.
Just in case you accidentally slip during a stream crossing, or get caught in a storm, the Gore-Tex membrane will keep your feet dry, but remains breathable enough that you stay comfortable on warm, dry days. And—new in the X Ultra 3—Salomon added Descent Control technology, offering added traction and confidence on technical descents.
- Tackle technical trails in this lightweight, wide-fit hiking boot
- Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane keeps foot dry
- EVA midsole is plush and comfortable
- Heel and toe cap protect foot from rocks
- Sensifit provides a secure, sock-like fit
- Women-specific design for optimal performance
- Advanced chassis offers lateral support on rugged terrain
- Heel technology ensures optimal traction on tricky descents
- Item #SAL01AH
- Q & A
Great little hiking boot
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Got these boots for my daughter who is still growing. She loved them and they got her through 80 miles of hiking in Glacier National Park with no blisters/ rubs or complaints!!!
Watch the below product video for more info on this best selling shoe!
As a Salomon employee, this is my go-to hiking boot for longer, more technical and demanding hikes. I also love the extra support the mid provides!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I always wore Keen because of my wide foot. Switched from Keen because they kept falling apart and I am not disappointed. They were a bit stiff at first, but got super comfy the more I hiked. The wide is true to size if not just a tad big, easily fixed by thick socks or a comfy insole.
Also, great customer service, super easy and convenient.