Ultra fast and ultra tough.
Whether they're runners or boots, Salomon's footwear always has a speed-oriented, thoughtful design, and the Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Shoe is certainly no exception when it comes to burly trekkers. The X Ultra is at once supportive and lightweight thanks to an Advanced Chassis that stabilizes the lightweight, breathable upper to keep you moving on the trail like you weren't carrying such a heavy backpack. Salomon backed this X Ultra with Gore-Tex Performance Comfort for reliable waterproofing and amplified breathability for hikers who really like to move through wet weather in search of sunnier skies.
- Ultra hiking shoe backed by Gore-Tex's ultra waterproofing
- Performance Comfort amplifies breathability for strenuous trekking
- Advanced Chassis creates a stable, supportive upper for hefty packs
- Ortholite footbed wicks moisture and injected EVA midsole cushions
- Contagrip rubber sole with large lugs for secure traction
- Item #SAL016G
- Q & A
Great, do it all shoe!
- Size Bought: 12
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 205lbs
I went back and forth between purchasing the X Ultra 3 Hiking shoe and boot. Long story, short, I purchased both and opted for the shoes. Both are made great, but I feel the shoe is better suited for day-to-day outdoor activities. Not to mention, it holds to your foot like no other Salomon shoe I've owned--and that's saying something! The shoes do come out a little darker on the website, and lighter in person, however, it is looks sharp no matter what. Highly recommended product, and superb customer service by way of Backcountry.