Select a Size
Select a Color
X-ALP Explore Ski Boot
Developed in conjunction with Arc'teryx's revolutionary Procline, the Salomon X-Alp Explore Ski Boot is breaking trail in the backcountry world. The most forgiving boot in the X-Alp series, these ultralight kicks aren't just for the uber-extreme skimo racers—they make a serious argument for aggressive recreationalists looking to push their limits in the alpine.
It's hard to compete with the X-Alp's 3D cuff rotation—75 degrees fore and aft and 35 degrees laterally give you the natural and efficient feel of a hiking boot while you're powering through arduous approaches or maneuvering tricky kick turns. The waterproof gaiter keeps snow out of your boots while you're breaking trail after a storm, and the Contragrip rubber soles give you traction and security while you're traversing icy, wind-blasted ridges.
These boots shine on techy climbs and ominous traverses, but that's not to say they don't retain Salomon-worthy downhill performance when it's time to rip skins. With a carbon-reinforced Grilamid shell, the X-Alp offers solid power transmission on the descent, so you can confidently rip the hell out of that massive line you put your blood, sweat, and tears into.
- An ultralight touring boot for big days in the alpine
- Narrow 98mm last offers a snug fit
- Carbon-reinforced Grilamid shell offers strength and performance
- 3D cuff rotation creates a natural feel in walk mode
- Heat moldable liner lets you dial in a precise fit
- Two-buckle system is secure and efficient
- Waterproof gaiter keeps deep snow out
- Contragrip rubber holds traction on icy traverses
- Item #SAL013W
- Shell Material
- [shell] Grilamid, [cuff and spine] carbon
- Last Width
- Walk Mode
- yes (75-degree fore/aft, 35-degree lateral)
- My CustomFit
- Thermo-moldable Liner
- Binding Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single, 27.5] 2lb 8.6oz
- Recommended Use
- backcountry skiing, randonee, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
January 8, 2018
Can this boot be used with the Marker Kingpin bindings?