Firing on all cylinders.
A tried-and-true big mountain expedition boot that refuses to come up short, the Salomon Men's Synapse Wide Snowboard Boot is destined for all-mountain success. Built for serious big-line ripping, the Synapse has a stiff flex to give you the response necessary in no-fall zones and a slew of features that keep you going through intense hikes and long approaches. It also has a widened mid and forefoot zone, allowing you to ride comfortably without having to sacrifice fit and performance by sizing up.
The PowerLock Pro lacing system offers a criss-cross locker on the tongue and anti-catch hooks on the upper to deliver a truly powerful and easy entry system that handles anything the mountain sends your way. With a Full Custom Fit thermo-moldable liner, the Synapse ensures just the right fit. A Gold 3D Exhale liner uses perforated insole and outsole mesh channels to keep your feet cool and comfortable when things start to heat up. Additionally, the Ortholite C3 footbed is composed of a high-density base, memory foam layer, and an EVA heel cup offers maximum comfort, fit, and overall support. And with hiking boot-inspired rubber pads, the Hike Plus outsole delivers maximum damping and high-traction grips to aid you in your endless alpine pursuit to earn your turns.
- Technical, stiff-flexing boot for big-mountain terrain
- Powerlock lacing is quick and easy to use
- Thermo-moldable design conforms to your foot for exact comfort
- Ortholite footbed absorbs chatter at high speeds
- Trek EC+ outsole provides maximum grip and optimal dampening
- Gold 3D exhale liner insole is perforated and extra breathable
- EVA foam is shock-absorbing for unexpected flat landings
- Wide version accommodates wider feet comfortably
- Item #SAL012S
- Q & A
Good boot with a weak lacing system
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a solid, moderately stiff boot for hard charging. The boots feel good and provide great support. Unfortunately the lacing system comes undone regularly. Having to re-tighten your boots every other run isn't acceptable for me.
Love the gearheads
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this at the advice of one of the Backcountry gearheads. I had trouble with some burton boots and they pointed me to these boots. After a couple days on the mountain I couldn’t be happier. Super comfortable, no problems going for 6-8 hours a day. One thing, Check the laces ever so often to tighten.