STH WTR 16 Ski Binding
From sending big drops in no-fall zones to stomping big landings in the park, the Salomon STH2 WTR 16 Ski Binding keeps you welded to your skis when a pre-release would be disastrous. Salomon's legendary 3D driver toe piece enables multi-directional release options, while the +elastic travel feature keeps you in until you need to come out. An oversized platform and low-profile chassis ensures maximum lateral power transmission. WTR technology allows the binding to be quickly adjusted to accommodate WTR boot soles and standard alpine boots. Variable positioning and a heel flex interface provide a customized fit, and it allows the ski maintain its natural flex for reliable performance on big, committing terrain.
- Burly binding for riders who demand performance from all their gear
- 16 DIN rating can handle even the hardest of chargers with ease
- Adjustable Toe height works with WTR and alpine soles
- Wide mounting platform drives power to the edges of modern skis
- Hell flex interface allows the ski to flex naturally underneath
- 3D driver toe piece allows for release in multiple directions
- Item #SAL01IM
- Q & A
Not compatible with all WTR boots
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have had multiple pairs of STH2 16s, and they have always gotten the job done. However I just tried to setup a new pair of STH2 16s with Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD boots and there is not enough toe height adjustment to fit the Hawx boot in because of the heavily rockered sole. Both the binding and boots were branded "WTR", so the combo SHOULD work. Tried contacting Atomic about the problem but haven't heard anything back... just beware that these bindings may not fit your boot even though they claim to be WTR. They will work perfectly fine for standard alpine boots.