Speedcross 5 Trail Running Shoe
If your run doesn't end with a healthy stripe of mud on your calves then you consider it a failure, so why not outfit yourself with the equally slop-loving performance of the Salomon Speedcross 5 Trail Running Shoe. Back in its newest iteration, Salomon's tried and trusted shoe for runners, hikers, and backpackers is now more equipped than ever for looser conditions like mud, soft dirt, and snow. It's been given an updated outsole that now features deeper, more widely spaced lugs that can really dig into soft trails, and uses a tackier rubber that provides better grip for looser trail conditions. Plus, the updated heel unit gives you greater stability on descents in those same unfavorable conditions, while a flexible forefoot helps you charge up steep hills and switchbacks without slipping out.
The rest of the Speedcross is a lot more of what you've come to love about the shoe, with small tweaks here and there. The Quicklace adjustment system still lets you tighten up your fit in a flash to get you out on the trail quicker, and the Sensifit upper still offers the same snug and supportive fit as before, with a slightly wider design to keep your feet moving freely as you dart over roots and rocks. Anti-debris mesh keeps out dirt, dust, and small rocks while still offering plenty of breathability, and a healthy amount of midsole cushioning increases comfort and support on the trail while delivering underfoot protection from any rocks that might be hiding under mud and snow.
- A Salomon classic gets updated for better soft trail performance
- Wider and deeper lugs help you dig into mud and snow more easily
- Softer and tackier rubber compound is ideal for soft trails
- Heel unit helps you stay controlled on descents in muddy conditions
- Sensifit upper is snug and supportive on technical trails
- Quicklace adjustment system lets you tighten your fit in a flash
- Cushioned midsole and toe bumper help protect your feet on the trail
- Breathable anti-debris mesh keeps out dirt, dust, and small rocks
- Item #SAL01PA
- Q & A
Has anyone tried applying a waterproof product to these to help keep feet dry when running in the morning, when there is still dew on the ground?