MTN Explore Ski Boot
Designed to remain nimble on the up, comfortable during long approaches, and dependable on the descent, Salomon's Women's MTN Explore Boot is a solid offering any backcountry-roaming lady will appreciate. A performance-oriented 98-millimeter last and 90 flex is ideal for lighter, intermediate to advanced lady rippers, while the generous 63° range of motion in walk mode makes short work of bootpacks and long skintracks.
Salomon built the shell around its Sensifit shell technology, which eliminates needless materials throughout the shell but reinforces it in key areas to maintain a progressive and responsive flex while skiing. When coupled with the lightweight carbon spine, the MTN Explore delivers big on the descent, without sacrificing an ounce of performance on the ascent. The women's-specific liner and cuff is shaped to match narrower legs and calves and is slightly shorter in height to better fit the female leg. And if that wasn't enough, Salomon made the liner heat moldable to ensure a precise and snug fit through the heel, arch, and toe box.
- A backcountry-specific boot built for accessing remote lines
- 90 flex is suitable for intermediate to advanced lady rippers
- 98mm last offers a performance-oriented fit
- 63° range of motion in walk mode for efficient ascents
- Liner is heat moldable for a snug and precise fit
- Carbon spine reduces weight while keeping the boot stiff
- Lugged rubber sole crawls up icy bootpacks and rocky ridges
- Item #SAL01J6
- Q & A
Comfort meets performance
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I got these for my wife to get out touring, but also use in the resort. It is a great Hybrid boot. She need comfort to want to continually get out and tour, so we landed on these. They are easier for her to get on and off, and with the 63 degrees of motion while touring she doesn't have any problems gliding up hill.
The 90 flex is also great for her since she is still getting used to manipulating a ski and a boot. The flex allows her to use her weight and move the boot so she can get a feel for the ski.