When big lines are what's for breakfast.
Long approaches? Booters up near-vertical couloirs? Survival skiing from the summit? Sounds like just another day at the office for the Salomon MTN Explore 95 Ski. Putting an emphasis on uphill efficiency, the MTN Explore 95 has a super versatile 95mm waist that's manageable on the skintrack, floats boot-top pow, and holds an edge when conditions turns dicey. Underfoot, the MTN Explores have plenty of camber for easy carving down spring corn lines and solid edge hold on boiler-plate.
A generously rockered tip and raised tail keep them fun and playful on the descent, without sacrificing the edge hold you need when ticking off big descents. To keep the skis both light and torsionally stiff, the MTN Explores feature a carbon/flax laminate. A honeycomb tip shaves weight from the tip, while reducing excessive tip chatter for a damp feel once you open your turns up outside of the chute. A five-point sidecut allows for easy turn initiation and eliminates hooking. Salomon went with a semi-sandwich construction with a cap tip and tail and full ABS sidewalls underfoot—the result is a solid ski that's easy to maneuver when every turn counts.
- A lightweight touring ski for conquering big objectives
- 95mm waist excels in powder or crud
- MTN Rocker floats in the soft stuff
- Wood core is light and playful
- Carbon flax laminate increases stability and dampens vibrations
- Space Frame 2.0 design lowers swing weight
- 5-point sidecut eliminates drag and hooking
- Skin Clip tail for secure climbing skins
- Item #SAL013G