The alpine is at your fingertips.
An ode to those with an affinity for Type II fun, Salomon's MTN Lab Helmet is an ultra-light lid that's equally at home slaying pow in the Rockies as it is on gnarly ascents in the Alps. Thanks to the hybrid in-mold design, the MTN Lab has a sleek, low-profile look, with EPS 4D technology that helps absorb oblique and vertical impact.
The MTN Lab is equipped with a breathable, moisture-wicking merino wool lining, that stays naturally odor-free even while you're sweating up a storm on an exposed glacier. Active ventilation comes in handy to keep your head cool when you're ripping turns through spring corn, and the custom dial fit system lends itself to instant adjustment in case you need to throw an extra layer on when the mercury drops.
- A lightweight helmet for skiing and mountaineering
- In-mold design is lightweight yet durable
- EPS 4D technology helps absorb impact
- Merino wool lining is breathable and moisture-wicking
- Active ventilation keeps your head cool
- Custom dial fit system is quick and easy to adjust
- Headlamp retainer comes in handy for alpine starts
- Item #SAL014Y
- Q & A
Salomon's website suggests that the new 17/18 MTN Lab helmet comes with a second liner for Summer use. Is this the case? Would you happen to have a photo?