From the craggy peaks of Wyoming's Tetons to the no-fall lines of Alaska's Chugach, the Salomon Men's Malamute Snowboard Boot is the go-to choice for aggressive riders charging the steepest terrain on the planet. The stiffest boot in Salomon's line, the Malamute has earned a renowned status among freeriders bombing steeps at cheek-wobbling speeds and sending 30-foot cliffs into fluffy powder.
Salomon's PowerLock Pro offers a powerful, quick-lacing system with six lacing hooks cinching the upper as tight as humanly possible, with the laces securing in place with a criss-cross locker situated atop the tongue. Not only is this system both quick and convenient, but it retains a high degree of tightness that's extremely difficult to achieve with traditional laces.
Revised for this season, the Power Frame shell is RPU-reinforced to retain its stiff flex throughout the course of multiple seasons. Another improvement, the outer shell is rubberized along the binding-to-boot contact zone, preventing premature wear resulting from the boot rubbing against the binding's heelcup. Another new feature, Energizer H-bars attach underneath the shell for a stiffer, more responsive feel. The Energizer H-bars are optional, so you can add them if you want additional stiffness or leave them off all-together.
- Salomon's stiffest boot for charging steep alpine terrain
- Powerlock lacing maximizes the boot's support and stiffness
- Extremely stiff flex for unrelenting support and stability
- Power Frame shell with Energizer H-bars for customizable support
- Platinum liner of multi-density foam for maximum flex retention
- Removable ankle bars (inside liner) for locked-down heel hold
- Trek EC+ sole for hiking out-of-bounds with its rugged traction
- Item #SAL012L