Select a Size
Select a Color
Wildfire Edge Hiking Shoe
Your days of switching out approach shoes for climbing shoes are over thanks to the versatile Salewa Wildfire Edge Hiking Shoe. This unique shoe is a hybrid of an approach and climbing shoe that offers comfortable support on the hike in and climbing-ready performance for the main event. When you're ready to climb just tighten the SwitchFit laces at the rear eyelet to bring your foot forward in the shoe, compressing your toes into the climbing-like toe box and giving you technical foot control for challenging routes. The Pomoca Speed Mtn outsole delivers plenty of traction for rugged rock walls, and even grips on slippery surfaces and muddy hiking trails. The EXA midfoot cage wraps the foot for comfortable support and a low-profile feel, and a precision climbing zone at the toe provides grip and protection on barely-there holds, ensuring both all-terrain and multi-sport performance.
- Hybrid climbing and hiking shoe with multi-sport versatility
- Switchfit system easily adjusts between a climbing and hiking fit
- Grippy rubber outsole compound offers hold on both wet and dry rock
- Outsole lugs help you keep your footing on soft hiking trails
- Precision climbing zone at the toe helps you nail tough foot holds
- Multi Fit footbed uses interchangeable layers for easy adaptability
- Midfoot cage enhances torsional stability while staying flexible
- Item #SFW00AJ
- Upper Material
- suede, EXA Shell cage, microfiber
- Climbing lacing
- Multi Fit Footbed Plus
- POMOCA Speed Mtn (butilic rubber compound)
- Claimed Weight
- (single) 14.1oz
- Recommended Use
- bouldering, hiking, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
April 13, 2020
Fantastic fit and Funciton
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 2"
- 210 lbs
This shoe has been fantastic to get out on the trails and put the switch fit to work on some scrambles. The climbing zone lacing paired with the anchors on the side of your feet provide a near custom fit! I use these specifically on scrambles in the flatirons and bagging 14ers in Colorado. But, they are still a go to for the office or running to the grocery store. The eva midsole is comfortable and still forgiving for being on your feet for long periods! I would suggest a break in period for this model! I am an employee of the Brand and hope this information proves useful.
November 29, 2019
Great approach and hiking 3-season shoes
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 10"
- 150 lbs
Still breaking them in, but they fit perfect from the 1st time I had put them on! Love the sole: it keeps your feet stable on a gravel and up to 40 degrees slopes! Very lite, but still rigid enough to give you a confidence on a slope. I'm planning to use them for summer time hiking as well as a mountain bike shoes. Now thinking about going for the same model with mid height and a gaiter.