Wildfire Edge GTX Mid Hiking Boot
The best climbs are often the least accessible, so when scree-fields, technical traverses, and steep mountain terrain are on the docket, turn to these boots. Their unique design lets them adjust to a more precise climbing fit when scrambling and climbing, while still maintaining the comfort and flex you need for long hikes.
- High-performance approach shoes that help you climb and scramble
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps out unwanted moisture on wet, muddy hikes
- Adjustable lacing system compresses your toes like a climbing shoe
- Stiff forefoot and climbing-zone toe also help on technical sections
- Durable outsole provides traction on both wet and dry surfaces
- Anti-debris stretch gaiter comfortably keeps out dirt and rocks
- EXA-Shell system adds torsional stability for rocky trails
- Special 3F fit system ensures a balance of flex and support
- Item #SFW00BD
- Upper Material
- suede, microfiber, Exa Shell Over Injected 3D Cage
- GORE-TEX Extended Comfort
- lace, stretch gaiter
- Pomoca Speed MTN Pro
- Claimed Weight
- [single] 14.8oz
- hiking, climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
4.5 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
October 26, 2023
Good Hiking Boots for Gnarly Terrain
- I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought:
- 5' 8"
I purchased these boots for a multi-night backpacking trip into the Enchantments, since my current hiking boots were pretty worn. The grip on these is absolutely fantastic. Hiking in wet, snowy and slippery terrain is always a little sketchy, but these boots handled everything impressively well and helped me get right up Asgard pass. I've worn them for multiple hikes and summits for when I need more support. Recently I wore them for an easy-ish summit up Wheeler peak, and though they performed well, gosh did my feet get cold. So. Cold. Mostly the cold was from waiting for a friend who is an inexperienced peak-bagger, but their ability to retain heat is not great. After my recent experience, I do recall last fall that hiking through snow was not fun as far as heat retention. Overall, solid boots. I had one of the eyes break and Salewa's warranty took care of it pretty fast.
September 7, 2023
Can you say CUTE!!!
- Size Bought:
- 5' 2"
Omg!! These are so much better in person than the pics online. I love the color and the look. They’re soooo comfortable and warm. So warm I think I’ll only need a thin sock. Well made and the Velcro tab allows for a snug fit around the ankle. I can’t wait for the winter now. Sizing was spot on. I have a medium/wide foot and the width is very comfortable. I’m so glad I caught these before they sell out.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help