Fast, flexible, and fluid.
Trails have a way of throwing constant surprises and obstacles at you, but that's why they're fun. You'll have an even better time conquering rocks, skipping across scree, and mashing through mud in Salewa's Ultra Train 2 Men's Trail Running Shoe. The shoe use a rugged Michelin Ultra Train OCX outsole to keep you upright and moving quickly when the terrain gets tricky. Salewa's famous 3F system provides a killer combination of support and natural flexibility, and the quick lace closure cinches down for a snug fit free of pressure points. The Ultra Train 2 is also designed to be water-resistant and highly breathable, so soggy trails and hot weather won't turn your feet into swampy messes.
- Innovative, durable, and cushioned trail running shoe
- Breathable mesh upper keeps cool air flowing where you need it
- Cinching drawcord closure provides a snug, secure fit
- OrthoLite footbed cushions every step over rocky terrain
- Anti-rock heel cup boosts protection against trail debris
- Stretch gaiter delivers a stable, supportive
- Michelin rubber compound outsole grips and rips loose terrain
- Item #SFW007G
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Médium
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 161lbs
Comfortable, Light, and Super Grippy!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 7
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 138lbs
I'll start off by saying that I have been extremely impressed by the versatility of these shoes! I live in Colorado and having a shoe that offers stability, traction, breathability, lightweight construction, and protection for all aspects of trail activity is really important to me. To say that this is just a trail running shoe would not be doing it justice.
Since purchasing these shoes I have used them for trail runs, day hikes, overnight backpack trips, and for casual around-town use. The Michelin soles and well executed cushioning has earned these shoes the title of my 'daily driver'. Luckily when you do get them dirty they are really easy to clean and dry quickly.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend these shoes for someone with a very wide foot, but if you are average or even on the narrower side, the mesh hugs your forefoot just right. I hope this helps the next person looking and if you didn't gather already, I'd definitely recommend getting a pair!