Why We Like The Ultra Flex 2 Mid GTX Hiking Boot
- Performance boot to navigate uneven terrain in the mountains
- 8mm drop promotes natural gait while reducing fatigue
- GORE-TEX upper membrane keeps water out and lets air in
- 3F support system locks your heel in place for secure fit
- Pomoca sole promotes smooth transition from heel to toe
- Lace closure system offers custom adjustments
- Breathable Ortholite footbed wicks moisture as you sweat
- Item #SFWZ03R
- Upper Material
- mesh, DWR coating, TPU coating
- Claimed Weight
- [size 9, single] 14oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
July 7, 2021
Updated Design is a win
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 175 lbs
I tried to get the previous gen of these boots despite the warnings from the reviews of the high arch and bad lacing system and I returned them because of those two issues. I wanted them to work so bad. Fast-forward to this year and a better footbed design and traditional lacing system and they are a win. I haven't put a lot of miles on them yet so I can't judge longevity. They are comfortable out of the box and ready for hiking. They feel extremely light. I have weak ankles that role easily so low-tops are not an option and I really wanted something light and breathable for summer hiking in the cascades. I have had multiple Salewa's and the quality is consistently good. The tread grips really well. The sole might be too soft for some if under heavy load (multi-day backpacking) for long mileage but that's not really what they're meant for.