Push peaks without soaking in sweat.
Developed by Salewa athletes trekking in the fickle weather of the Alps, the Men's Pedroc Alpha Insulated Jacket provides airy-light warmth and water-resistance to fast alpine missions. Polartec Alpha insulation traps precious body heat when you're pushing up a long summit while maintaining air permeability to expel excess body heat. This way, you won't sweat profusely on the way up, only to shiver uncontrollably at the summit while you're soaked in perspiration.
The jacket's outer shell employs a lightweight and durable nylon fabric, treated with a DWR finish that beads off passing showers and dewy mornings from soaking through. Polartec Power Dry stretch panels along the back and sides maintain fluid mobility, so you're never restricted while hiking up a rugged talus field or reaching for a precarious hold on a ridgeline scramble. Both of these fabrics benefit immensely from the mesh lining, which accelerates the moisture-wicking process as you start to sweat profusely on the last mile towards your peakbagging objective.
- Airy-light insulated jacket for fast alpine missions
- 40g Polartec Alpha insulation traps warmth while breathing
- Lightweight nylon shell with a water-shedding DWR finish
- Polartec Power Dry stretch panels for full range of motion
- Soft mesh lining accelerates the moisture-wicking process
- Zippered hand pockets provide storage for essentials
- Item #SFW0068