Consider it training for the next adventure.
Much like the greener grass scenario, neighboring peaks are always larger on the other side, and one day you'll ascend them in the Salewa Women's Mountain Trainer Mid GTX Backpacking Boot, too. It boasts Gore-Tex's Extended Comfort insert for reliable waterproof protection and enhanced breathability properties, and its equipped with Vibram's Alpine Approach sole with large lugs for reliable traction over rough terrain. Unique to every Salewa trekking boot, the 3F System uses three stabilizing bars at the ankle to balance stability and mobility.
- Midheight boot with features for technical backpacking
- Gore-Tex insert offers waterproof, breathable protection
- 3F system uses three stabilizing bars for ankle stability
- Wear-resistant upper with suede and rubber reinforcements
- Adaptive Foam wraps the heel in memory foam for a customized fit
- Climbing Lacing ensures a snug, secure fit from heel to toe
- Mid stiff midsole ensures support for heavy backpacks
- Vibram Alpine Approach sole with rugged lugs for rough terrain
- Item #SFW0040
- Q & A
Great feeling and much better fit than I expected. I have another pair that I thought fit and went a half size smaller than I normally do but after hiking realized they were too snug and blistered. That being said I would say they fit true to size. I returned this pair however because they were NOT made with quality. My specific pair had a small gap where the rubber toe protection meets the shoe..see image. the other boot jutted right up to the edge and you could not see any glue or gap. I fear the glue but that will deteriorate over time leaving the boot vulnerable to seeping in water. I plan to buy another pair though to replace these .