Low-profile technical hiker.
Approach alpine terrain with confidence and comfort in the Salewa Men's Mountain Trainer Leather Hiking Shoe. Ideal for technical day hikes and via ferratas, it offers support and stability in a low-cut design to help you trek lighter and faster.
Deep, self-cleaning lugs on the Vibram outsole offer good grip on rock and gravel, while also providing traction on mud, snow, and grass, so it can handle any type of trail. The midfoot tread area has right-angled lugs that maximize force applied through the foot, giving you reliable grip on the sketchy rungs of via ferrata ladders. A stiff nylon shank offers support and stability on rough, rocky terrain, and the Bilight TPU midsole cushions the rugged trail while providing rebound to propel you to the peak. And of course, it's equipped with Salewa's signature 3F lacing system, which connects the instep area with the sole and heel to increase response, control, and flexibility while reducing heel lift-induced fatigue. 3D eyelets allow customized three-zone lace tensioning, allowing you to fine-tune the toe-area fit for enhanced precision and support in technical terrain.
- Low-cut hiking shoe for technical treks and via ferrata
- Nubuck leather with rubber rand for superior durability
- Leather lining is breathable and conforms to foot
- Bilight TPU midsole offers cushioning and rebound
- Stiff nylon shank provides support and stability
- 3F lacing system locks down heel for less fatigue
- Ortholite footbed wicks moisture and cushions
- Vibram outsole ensures traction or wet or dry surfaces
- Item #SFW007B
- Q & A
love this shoe!
Despite the heat and dust in Colorado, my feet keep gravitating towards these. Nice work @Salewa
Elevation Outdoors Peak Gear Award
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: US 9.0
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 150lbs
Salewa Mountain Trainer Low Leather
Why It Won: Meet the perfect quiver-of-one shoe for any day in the mountainsâitâs not too beefy for day jaunts but stiff enough for tech-y summit scrambles and even overnight pack-hauling adventures.
Where We Took It: Everywhere from hikes out our backdoor in Boulderâs Flatirons to red-rock rambles in Utah to weeklong hut-to-hut excursions in the Alps.