Salewa built the Women's Mountain Trainer Hiking Shoesto help you take on technical treks with speed and precision. Maintaining many of the same features you'd find on a big and burly alpine boot, this light hiker combines the rugged durability of Salewa's mountaineering oriented boots but in a more nimble design for technical day hikes, via ferratas, and lightning fast summer ascents.
Wear-resistant mesh upper panels and a mesh lining provide lightweight breathability, making this an ideal shoe for warm weather exploring. Deep, self-cleaning lugs on the Vibram outsole offer good grip on rock and gravel, while also providing traction on mud, snow, and grass, so it can handle any type of trail. The midfoot tread area has right-angled lugs that maximize force applied through the foot, giving you reliable grip on the sketchy rungs of via ferrata ladders.
A stiff nylon shank offers support and stability on rough, rocky terrain, and the Bilight TPU midsole cushions the rugged trail while providing rebound to propel you to the peak. And of course, it's equipped with Salewa's signature 3F lacing system, which connects the instep area with the sole and heel to increase response, control, and flexibility while reducing heel lift-induced fatigue. 3D eyelets allow customized three-zone lace tensioning, allowing you to fine-tune the toe-area fit for enhanced precision and support in technical terrain.
- Lightweight shoes for moving fast over technical alpine terrain
- Nubuck leather with rubber rand for superior durability
- Mesh lining offers lightweight breathability and manages sweat
- Bilight TPU midsole offers cushioning and rebound
- Stiff nylon shank provides support and stability
- 3F lacing system locks down heel for less fatigue
- Ortholite footbed wicks moisture and cushions
- Vibram outsole ensures traction or wet or dry surfaces
- Item #SFW007F