Mountain Trainer GTX Hiking Shoe
The Salewa Men's Mountain Trainer GTX Hiking Shoe lives for ridgeline scrambles and fast ascents up exposed routes. Taking all the burly ingredients of Salewa's mountaineering boots and implementing them in a low-top hiking shoe, the Mountain Trainer delivers all the rigidity and support you'd expect from an alpine boot but in a more nimble design.
- Hiking shoe implements performance features for technical summit missions
- Gore-Tex lining wicks moisture and protects your feet during creek crossings
- Stiff nylon shank offers rigidity while moving through uneven rocks and roots
- EVA midsole provides cushioning support after strenuous miles on end
- Vibram rubber outsole supplies extraordinary traction on wet surfaces
- Item #SFWZ032
- Upper Material
- suede leather
- Mid-stiff, nylon
- expanded TPU
- Vibram MTN TRAINER EVO
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1.5oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
June 26, 2020
Don’t take out shoelace.
- True to size
- Size Bought
I planned to put lock laces in the shoes like I did with my old pair, but the lock laces were to thick. I had a frustrating experience putting the original laces back with tweezers. The longevity of the shoe seems to be limited to the strength of the laces.
Robert B. Davis
November 24, 2020
I agree. The shoe definitely outlasts the laces. I wrote to Salewa directly. They sent me 2 new sets of laces at no cost to me. Best customer service ever.!