Fly through the alpine.
The Salewa Men's Mountain Trainer GTX Hiking Shoe lives for ridgeline scrambles and fast ascents up exposed routes. Taking all the burly ingredients of Salewa's mountaineering boots and implementing them in a low-top hiking shoe, the Mountain Trainer delivers all the rigidity and support you'd expect from an alpine boot but in a more nimble design.
Gore-Tex Extended Comfort keeps your foot dry through rain and stream crossings, while allowing internal moisture to escape easily, ensuring you stay dry and cool throughout your trek, no matter the conditions. Deep, self-cleaning lugs on the Vibram outsole offer good grip on rock and gravel, while also providing traction on mud, snow, and grass, so it can handle any type of trail. The midfoot tread area has right-angled lugs that maximize force applied through the foot, giving you reliable grip on the sketchy rungs of via ferrata ladders.
A stiff nylon shank offers support and stability on rough, rocky terrain, and the Bilight TPU midsole cushions the rugged trail while providing rebound to propel you to the peak. And of course, it's equipped with Salewa's signature 3F lacing system, which connects the instep area with the sole and heel to increase response, control, and flexibility while reducing heel lift-induced fatigue. 3D eyelets allow customized three-zone lace tensioning, allowing you to fine-tune the toe-area fit for enhanced precision and support in technical terrain.
- Waterproof hiking shoe for moving fast in the mountains
- Gore-Tex Extended Comfort for breathable waterproofing
- Suede leather with rubber rand for superior durability
- Bilight TPU midsole offers cushioning and rebound
- Stiff nylon shank provides support and stability
- 3F lacing system locks down heel for less fatigue
- Ortholite footbed wicks moisture and cushions
- Vibram outsole ensures traction or wet or dry surfaces
- Item #SFW007C