The warmth is in the details.
Salewa took great care in making sure that the Fanes TW CLT Hooded Insulated Jacket has the tools to keep you warm while you're busy exploring alpine trails on blustery cold days. This stowable jacket is packed with wool sourced from Tirolean mountain sheep, which naturally insulates even while damp, and helps regulate temperature. Salewa then treated the fibers with Celliant so that they reflect your body heat back towards you for optimum warmth, while still allowing water vapor to escape so that your hikes don't turn into a clammy mess before you're halfway to the summit.
Insulation aside, the Fanes offers plenty in the performance department as well. The ergonomically shaped sleeves follow the natural shape of your arms, and include gussets for maximum mobility whether you're pole planting a tundra trail or scrambling over a lichen-crusted boulder field. The face fabric also offers resistance from the wind and a C6 repellent treatment that sheds light rain and dirt, while elastic edging and a cinchable waist keep cold air from sneaking in. If you find the summit warmed by the sun, or you're packing for the trip home, an included compression stow bag makes stuffing it away nice and convenient.
- Insulated jacket for winter pursuits in the mountains
- Low-bulk wool specially treated to reflect back body heat
- Ergonomic sleeves with gussets offer optimum mobility
- Drawcord at hem can be cinched against inclement weather
- Elastic bindings on hood and cuffs help keep out the cold
- Includes compression stow bag for easy packing
- Item #SFW00AD