Alpenviolet Mid GTX Hiking Boot
If you're gaining elevation in the mountains, you need a shoe that stands up to rigorous terrain and fickle weather—the Alpenviolet Mid GTX Hiking Boot from Salewa does both. When you're hopping from rock to rock, the climbing-skin inspired Pomoco outsole grips and stabilizes while the waterproof membrane protects if you accidentally overshoot a rock and land in the creek. Salewa's 3M design locks in the heel for a shoe that fits like a glove and the climbing lace-ups tighten the shoe from your toe to your ankle. You won't even think twice about lacing up these blister-free boots and heading for the hills—in fact, you might never want to come back.`
- Mid-height waterproof hiking boot for challenging terrain
- Gore-Tex membrane waterproofs the boot for worry-free hiking
- Pomoca outsole tracks the natural rolling movement of your foot
- Ortholite liner provides rebound and comfort on long days
- Climbing lacing secures foot for technical trails
- Suede upper creates out-of-the-box comfort
- Item #SFW00AL
- Q & A
4/5 for comfort
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I really like these shoes! I find they are very comfortable on my foot and since I have a narrow ankle/foot I appreciate the climbing shoe-like lace up. The lowest hook is further down the ankle joint so it can be good and snug. My only issue is the tongue. The medial border of the tongue can sit directly over my ankle bone and it's tender if I tie up the shoe tightly. I have found a little fix by moving the tongue more to the inside of my ankle. I haven't yet tried this on a long hike yet, so that will be the real test. For shorter distances it has worked well enough.
Lightweight and comfortable
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I tested these boots for outdoorprolink.com and was impressed by the fit and fuction. GTX is amazing and they breath well. The only reason I gave them 4 starts instead of 5 is the heel stack is kinda high (14mm), so they may not be perfect for everyone. Everything else about them is spot on.