Select Style & Size
Sage designed the Spey reel with performance features to specifically address the subtle aspects of spey fishing. Traditionally longer and heavier spey rods are built to handle bigger fish on even bigger waters, and this changes the requirements of the reel as well as the line you are throwing. Sage took all this into account and made the specialty Spey Reel with cold-forged aerospace grade 6061 aluminum that is precision-machined and then anodized to produce a corrosion resistant reel with an incredible strength-to-weight ratio. This super strong and durable reel is heavy enough to balance the weight of your rod so you can make a smooth cast and feel a proper transfer of power, while the arbor is large enough to accommodate larger spey lines. The concave shape and increased capacity of the arbor afford faster retrieval while discouraging annoying line coiling that can ruin a good cast. Full line guards also protect the integrity of your swings as thin running line does not get caught between the frame and spool.
Sage offers more than just a pricey line winder, they offer modernized control with the Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag that is hand calibrated to offer smooth, dependable, and repeatable pressure. The fully sealed system eliminates any sand, salt, or grit that might compromise the system while the One Revolution Drag Knob offers easy adjustment. Switching from low tension for line stripping to increased pressure when you need it, is easily controlled by the numbered knob that audibly clicks when you change the setting. With convenient drag control and the option for left-to-right hand conversion, the Spey reel is ready for your next big river adventure.
- A performance spey reel for smooth casting
- Machined aerospace grade aluminum offers strength and rigidity
- Sealed Carbon System Drag provides reliable pressure
- Numbered drag knob ensures easy tension changes for fighting fish
- Large arbor reduces line coiling and increases retrieval rate
- Reduced porting offers heavier balance for longer spey rods
- Neoprene case protects reel on and off the water
- Since 1984, Sage has been designing innovative reels on Bainbridge Island
- Item #SAG002K
- Drag System
- SCS (sealed carbon system)
- Backing Capacity
- [6/7/8wt] 600 Skagit + 100ft SL + 150yds/20lb, [7/8/9wt] 700 Skagit + 100ft SL + 150yd/30lb
- [6/7/8wt] 4.125in, [7/8/9wt] 4.44in
- Left and Right Handed Operation
- Claimed Weight
- [6/7/8wt] 9.81oz, [7/8/9wt] 10.875oz
- Recommended Use
- freshwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?