Select Style & Size
Why We Like The Alpinist Carbon Post
Lightweight carbon posts won't go out of style and the Roval Alpinist Carbon Post fits in on our road and gravel rigs. We haven't found many lighter posts in the market, and at 136g we're out of excuses too. The adjustable 12mm setback fits right in the middle, keeping us comfortably on the pedals while we put ourselves in the hurt locker.
- Lightweight carbon post for gravel, cyclocross, and road bikes
- Advanced carbon composite construction is strong enough to support up to 275lbs
- 2-bolt adjustment to change offset
- Starting weight for a 27.2mm x 300mm post is 136g
- Item #RVJ000N
- carbon fiber
- 300mm, 380mm
- Claimed Weight
- [300mm] 4.8oz (136g)
- Manufacturer Warranty
- road cycling
What do you think about this product?
June 12, 2021
very, very difficult to mount a seat
- I returned this product before using it
Beautiful and light minimalistic seat post but the front mounting bolt cannot be accessed with a torque wrench unless the seat has a wide open middle channel. I tried to mount a Fabric Radius seat but because the front bolt head faces up toward the seat, it can only be tightened by using a thin metal rod/nail/tool that you slide thru small holes drilled into the sides of the bolt. You can only tighten the bolt in small increments. Because you can't use a torque wrench I ended up guessing how much to tighten it. The back mounting bolt head faces down away from the seat so a torque wrench can be only be used on this bolt. I ended up returning the post to Competitive Cyclist for a refund.
April 19, 2021
- True to size
- 5` 11"
- 170 lbs
I purchased this seatpost because it has an intermediate setback (12mm), is relatively light, and was in stock. I have hit two issues with it. The first issue is the front mounting bolt was too short for use with my Selle SMP saddle. This saddle requires the rail to be at an incline. The provided bolts only allow level and decline. I had to purchase a longer 40mm titanium bolt for the front. Installing the new bolt required inserting a wooden dowel into the end of the post to hold the threaded part inside while rethreading. The second issue is the torque specs for the front and rear bolts are very different (3.1 Nm front and 6.2 Nm rear). I found it impossible to set each torque without either increasing the saddle incline or inducing excess torque on the front bolt. In the end, I had to use a reduced torque value on the rear, 4 Nm. Hope it holds. In general, I think the saddle mounting arrangement needs rethinking.